Chapter 43

I'm back!!!!!!!!! AND THANK YOU FOR THE 100K+ READS AND 5K+ VOTES!

So, didja miss me? (Oof— yeah, well, I'm a little high on chocolates right now.)

I won't  be stalling for long.

I just want to say that I'm thankful you're still reading Warrior.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

"... m-marry?!"

Yoru exclaimed in surprise as the child boldly declared to Yona. Even if it wasn't directed at her, Dairyuu, for some reason, felt the embarrassment for the hime instead (who didn't even bother getting all flustered up after having a child propose to her).

Then again, how did this even happen?

For one, they stopped by a village before heading to Kai.

Two, they planned on having lunch in this place before they head out.

Three, a child stole the salted rice ball in Yona's hold and tried to run away.

And lastly, Yona shot down a bird for the boy to have at lunch.

Maybe it was because of Yona's aura or the way she held herself that Kalgan, the boy, suddenly found himself enamored by the princess.

It kind of... made Yoru short-circuit for a moment.

When she finally regained control of herself, she was a little flustered deep inside when she realized that Jae-ha was carrying her on his back. "Where... are we going?" Her sleepy tone caught everyone's attention. "We're heading for Kai Empire." The Strategist furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but didn't ask any further questions.

She glanced at her brother who gave her one of his rare smiles; one that definitely lifted her spirits. The conflict from before was still fresh in her heart so seeing Hak's lips curved that way lightened the heaviness on her shoulders. Burying her face on the crook of Jae-ha's neck, she wondered what kind of disaster would they find themselves in.

It wasn't like she was looking for trouble but the Happy Hungry Bunch and the Dark Dragon became a trouble magnet and attracted all kinds of mayhem. "That's right!" Kalgan suddenly exclaimed, catching Yoru's attention. "My father and the others must be getting worried so I'm going back."

Hakuryuu nodded and smiled at the Strategist's direction. "We are accompanying him to his home since we are worried that the patrol by the border might catch him." The white-haired dragon warrior informed her with a determined expression. Yoru inwardly cooed at Kija's adorable expression.

She did not deserve such adorable dragon brothers.

All of a sudden, Shin-ah tackled them all to the ground. "Shin-ah, what's wrong?!"

"Soldiers... about a hundred... near the river..."

Ryun's lips curved down a little at this before playfully smacking Shin-ah's arm in his annoyance. "You could have told us instead of pushing us all to the ground, Shin-ah-sama." Because even though Seiryuu was an eighteen-year-old teen, Ryun was still older than him and therefore, he could scold the blue-haired dragon warrior.

In consequence of his decision, Yoon himself hit him upside the head. "Stop that. He probably panicked." The former demi-god pouted and simply nodded, remaining silent as he didn't want to incur Yoon's wrath any further.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

When they found an alternative route and crossed it, anyone looking could clearly see the sadistic glint in Yoru's eyes as she watched Jae-ha sulk on their way to Kalgan's village. This 'alternative route' they found could only be crossed due to Jae-ha's ability to 'fly.'