Chapter Eighteen: "Fragile"

Author's note

To start off this chappie, I just want to say... I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU GUYS. We've reached 1k votes!!!!! That is why I updated quite earlier than I expected and it is a little longer than usual.

And for that, here's Yoru! (I can't draw her as well as I had hoped.)

On with the chappie!

oooOooo

Jae-ha was removing the excess water in his hair. He still couldn't move on about the fact that Yoru was a freaking girl! All these time, he'd thought that she was a he! And for Hiryuu's sake, how in the world did he not realize it?! (Yeah, well, he thought Yoru was just a girly boy since her chest was practically nonexistent because of her chest bindings and they weren't that big at all... though, Yoru was GORGEOUS) Jae-ha decided to inwardly curse at himself.

He was such an idiot.

He had thought it was weird how a guy could have such pink and glossy lips unless they were wearing make-up but Yoru wasn't. The orange-haired woman's eyes were narrow, and not at all girly, but Jae-ha had just noticed how long her eyelashes were that accentuated her eyes. And she was unusually tall for a girl. She reached the tip of his nose, and her shoulders were a little broader than a girl's. He probably wasn't the only victim of her androgynous looks.

Jae-ha bets that a lot of people had been victims.

(In some parts of Kouka kingdom, various individuals sneezed and wondered if someone was talking about them.)

Deciding that being silent was enough, Jae-ha approached Yona. "Yona-chan, you're so cute. You'll nail it!" His compliment was harmless and genuine but when he saw Yoru standing behind the redhead girl, Jae-ha unconsciously took a step back in wariness. Her glare was piercing right through his soul. "I'll do my best!" Jae-ha sweatdropped when Yoru's glare intensified. What was her problem?!

"Yona-hime," she called out to the princess, her expression softening. "Make sure to stay close to either Yoon or I. It is best if you are not left alone. Now, why don't you go to Hak? Say what you want to say to that little brother of mine."

Purple eyes widened. He didn't notice it earlier, but as soon as Yona left, he could clearly see it.

He could see her trembling.

To him, she used to be so fearless in his eyes. She was the image of a warrior who fought countless battles and survived. She was strong, witty, intelligent, charismatic, and kind. She was the kind of person, who at first glance, would seem like the perfect soldier.