Chapter Six: "Capital Fuuga"

A/nI apologize if this is not up to your expectation but I did what I could. Hope ya like it! Votes and comments are appreciated but not forced!

🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕

As Hak leaned against the boulder, his eyes wandered to his elder sister figure while Yona takes a bath by the pond. With Yona still isn't able to accept the reality of Soo-Won's betrayal or King Il's death, she became weak as time passes. On the other hand, the only male in the group of three noticed how Yoru would always have this distant expression on her face.

He didn't like how she became as unresponsive as Yona is. How Yoru's once vibrant eyes would turn dull every now and then. It might have been something connected to her past, something that all of them don't know except for his Majesty and his gramps. Hak knew it would only be a matter of time before Yoru goes back to normal.

She wouldn't leave the princess alone like that if she can help it.

"Ah!"

He jolted away from his position, feet automatically moving to where Yona was. She had climbed up from the pond, leeches attached to her legs. "... what are these..?" She questioned. "It's okay. They're just leeches. They suck blood. Don't worry, princess. I'll get Yoru to help you remove them." He approached the unresponsive woman, her face blank from any emotion. Her arms hanging beside her loosely.

He placed a hand on her shoulder and she still didn't respond to his touch. "Yoru..." Her fingers twitched but he was ignored. He became worried. Not once had he seen her be like this. She was never like this. He blamed Soo-Won. Because of what he had done, both of his precious person aren't acting like themselves. One was like a soulless doll and the other was like she was trapped in the past.

He hated it.

"Sister Yoru..." He was glad to see how the orange haired woman glanced at him from the corner of her eyes. No matter how small of an action it was, he's glad to see some kind of improvement. "The princess needs help in removing the leeches on her legs. Do you mind doing it for me?" In all honesty, it was just an excuse to let Yoru move.

To do something productive than to stare at the sky and reminisce about her unknown past.

He watched as she walks towards Yona, an empty smile adorning her lips as she knelt down beside the princess and helps her in removing the bloodsucking insect. Hak tightened his grip around the handle of his weapon, a glower set on his eyes. When he took a step forward, he stepped onto something metal.

The hairpin... that Soo-Won gave to her... she's still holding onto it? Why... why is she still keeping this? His eyes wandered over to Yoru, who was helping Yona dress up. And why is she not wearing Yoru's gift? He glanced down at the necklace on his other hand, his fingers curving to hold the items properly. Hak frowns before walking up to the two of them.

"Princess, Yoru, it's time to go."

Hak now knows what he dislikes the most. It would be the dead look in a person's eyes.