Chapter Thirty-Three

She

Couldn't

Breathe.

She had almost lost her breath but soon able to breathe again when she saw the wound on Zeno's chest vanish in a blink of an eye.

She felt her stomach churn.

It

Was

Her

Doing.

It

Was

Her

Body

Her

Blades

That

Hurt

Zeno.

Hiryuu... Hiryuu, I can't take this. I can't watch idly on the side!

No one answered her.

The empty space of white was maddening. She didn't like the way that feeling of being devoured by that color.

"Hiryuu... Yona-hime..."

She was disgusted with herself.

Zeno... Zeno... I'm so sorry... I'm sorry...

Her shoulders trembled as she tried to hold in her sobs and pleads. Watching so helplessy made her frustrated at herself.

"NOW!"

Her head snapped to attention and when she saw that shade of green she had come to be fond of, her world slowed down. His hurtful words and implications echoed in her mind.

She was silently seething.

"I may not know the entire detail but why not give us back Yoru dear? This body is not yours, after all." She simply scoffed at him. "Your pretty words won't work on me. Besides, you are the one who made it possible for me to take over so I suppose I should thank you for that."

The former pirate frowned as he slid his knife on her sword and pushed them back. He put some space between them just in case she decided to take him by surprise. "Heh." He copied her scoff earlier. "No need. We'll be bringing Yoru dear back this instance."

At his words, the fallen Dairyuu glowered intensely at him. He suppressed the shivers down his spine and kept up his brave bravado.

Why... Why were his words a contradiction?!

It was making her mind a mess!

"Yoru dear... calm down... you're slowly losing yourself..."

Her short and deep breaths came to a slow stop as she recomposed herself.