Chapter Seventeen: "Fears"

Hoped you liked it; it was from my drafting class

Hoped you liked it; it was from my drafting class. I had a few mishaps with Shin-ah so his didn't turn out too great.

Yoru's drawing will probably be put in the next chapter.

Enjoy this little chappie! (Though, it's not little at all).

oooOooo

"Where's Yoru?"

The redhead princess asked no one in particular as she searched for her crossdressing childhood friend. Though, she wasn't really crossdressing. Yoru just liked male clothes ever since Yona could remember. The only occasions when the redhead could see Yoru dressed up as a female were birthdays and her first day at the castle. Currently, Yona couldn't really figure out what she could do to help and thought that maybe she could help Yoru with something.

What it was, she wasn't really sure. Yona had wandered off to the cliff, a gloomy aura surrounding her. There was nothing she could help in the ship. She wasn't physically strong, she doesn't know anything about food or herbs and she wasn't capable of fighting. But she was determined to help with something. After all, there must be something she could help with her (nonexistent) skills. "Yona-chan." She perked up from her sulking when she heard Jae-ha. "Ah, Jae-ha, have you seen Yoru?"

Much to her dismay, Ryokuryuu shook his head. "Though I know where he is." Yona ignored the way he referred to Yoru as a man. She was used to people mistaking her gender and Yona didn't bother correcting them. It had always been hilarious whenever Yoru told the truth. "Would you like to come with? He's scouting out and I'm about to head out to scout as well." With nothing else better to do, Yona agreed and only hoped to bump into Yoru while they were in town.

oooOooo

Yoru walked through town in search of any clue that would help them in the battle with Kumji. So far, she hadn't found anything useful. People were usually trying to change the subject when she brings up Kumji and she understood their fear. Even she wouldn't want to talk about the things she was scared of. It would only bring up traumatizing memories that she didn't want relive. Her orange-eyes darted from one place to another.

Even if she couldn't ask the townspeople, she could always observe her surroundings that might five her ideas. How did Kumji even acquire the ladies and children that he needed for his... business? Yoru scrunched her nose at the thought. It still made her feel unpleasant. Fortunately for her, people would answer her question about how their loved ones disappear. They all had the same answer; they didn't know.

It was baffling, and this made Yoru extra careful with what she does. Her newly-bought swords were hidden by her orange robes so she didn't need to worry about being suspicious. With her weapons out of sight, she simply looked like a normal traveler that just happened to pass by. The sound of a horse-driven carriage reached her ears and windows and doors being slammed shut caught her attention. This quickly sent her on high alert. What was going on?