Chapter Thirty-seven

"Scrub scrub scrub scrub~ Zeno's scrubbing Seiryuu's back!"

The blond kept on humming a cheerful tune as he washed Shin-ah's back. It had been a while since they were able to relax like this. A smile adorned his face because to Zeno, spending time with his precious people, it meant a lot to him.

He had been all alone for so long, so being around people that meant a lot to him certainly made him even livelier than before. "Is Zeno scrubbing too hard?" No words came from Shin-ah who only shook his head at Zeno's question.

"Oi, Zeno, don't move too much!" Said dragon warrior could only giggle when Yoon scolded him, who sighed at his antics. "Ouch!" Zeno perked up when Yoon yelped in pain. "You're scrubbing too hard, Ryun!"

"Was I? I apologize, Yoon."

"Are you being sarcastic with me?"

"Me? Be sarcastic with you? I would never."

"You are, aren't you, you damn brat?"

The blond found it adorable how Yoon treated Dairyuu's sons like they were younger than him. I ship it. He chuckled at his own thought, wondering if Yoru would let her children enter a relationship even in their situation.

He furrowed his eyebrows, though when Zeno realized he hadn't heard from Daiki in a while. "Hey, where's Daiki?" He sensed the self-proclaimed genius pretty boy stiffening behind him, a dangerous aura surrounding him.

That made him sweatdrop. Oh no, Yoon is in mama mode again.

"DAIKI..." Zeno wasn't surprised when the brunet fell down from the tree near the wall separating the men bathing area from the women's. "W-Wait a minute, Yoon! I-I can explain!" Ouryuu shook his head exasperation.

He never really understood where Daiki inherited that trait.

On the other hand, Yoon felt so stressed babysitting four beasts all on his own. A headache started to form ever since Ryun scrubbed his back a little too hard. "Just- what were you even doing up there?"

When a blush spread through his cheeks, the fifteen-year-old facepalmed. He was getting tired of babysitting these brats all on his own. Yoru... please come back already. You're the only one who can control these beasts better than I do.

"C'mon, let's go wash up. We've already been here for a while." Yoon stated with such a stern look that made Daiki avoid his gaze. One by one, they washed up and Yoon helped Ryun wear his clothes. There were so many layers that made him wonder how the brat could take the heat.

The strawberry-blond boy suddenly realized that Shin-ah and Daiki were nowhere to be found. "Oi, where the heck did those two go?" Huh, Zeno's not here either. As soon as the final layer was placed, Yoon was about to leave the room to search for those three but Ryun pulled him back by the wrist.

"What the-"

oooOooo

I must not collapse...

Yona can't remember a time when she had to brave something like this all alone. She can't remember a time when she was injured like this, protecting someone. All she could see was Hak's and Yoru's back whenever they protected her.

The redhead wanted to stand and fight by their side, they didn't need to protect her every single time. This time... This time she wanted to protect them. Before the man could swing his sword at her, Shin-ah appeared and cut him down.

Without realizing it, Yona had fallen to her knees, all the strength leaving her the moment Shin-ah had arrived. "Hime!" Daiki crouched down beside her, inspecting the wound on her back. She winced when he came to close when checking her injury.