Chapter Ten: "(At Lost) HAKURYUU"

|•••••|

"I, descendant of Dairyuu, will protect, cherish and die for you, Yona, descendant of King Hiryuu."

|•••••|

When Yoru had reached her eighteenth birthday a few years back, she had a dream, or was it a recollection of a distant past? She doesn't know which but she was certain that she met another orange haired woman in that dream. Yoru had felt warmth and comfort upon having the woman stroke her hair. It felt right, she mused.

However, Yoru had felt complete when a red-haired man approached her, kneeling down in front of her and stroking her cheek with his thumb. Her heart had felt completely whole and it was as if she had been in Nirvana.

In the present, a whole new feeling of wholeness drowned her as she told Yona the truth. The swirling and raging emotions inside of her almost made her faint but she remained composed as well as she could.  Yoru knew her eyes glowed orange for a fraction of a second as she raised her head. "I apologize for deceiving you, Yona-hime, Hak. It was not my intention to withhold such a truth from both of you."

In actuality, she just didn't want to burden them. With the knowledge that she was Dairyuu's descendant, it would be dangerous for them if someone overhear them talking. Chaos would once again destroy her life if it ever happens. It was the reason she hesitated if she should tell them the truth. However, with their current situation, there was no need to hide anything from them even further.

"Wait," Hak interrupted with his brows furrowed in confusion. "So, you're saying the legend is real?"

Yoru rose from the ground with a slight nod of her head. "It is as true as my existence, Hak." Her gaze shifted from Hak to Yona, who was giving her a thoughtful and wide-eyed look. "Though, there is no reason for you to treat me differently from what you usually do. I am still Yoru, Yona." The words that softly escaped her lips made Yona's tense shoulders sag in relief.

The redhead princess stepped forward and enveloped the older girl in a warm hug. Yoon was still trying to process what was happening before he looked at Ik-Soo with a blank expression. "How will she able to help us then?" Ik-Soo merely smiled and remained silent. Yoon frowned, a bit annoyed that Ik-Soo won't give him any answer at all.

Yoru turned and faced Yoon and asked, "You desire to know the location of the dragon warriors, yes? As of now, I am currently weak and I could not feel their presence. However, Hakuryuu is living in the mountains near the border. We would have to cross the lands of the Capital City and the Fire Tribe." Yoon gave a thoughtful expression before his eyes sparkled in delight.

The orange haired woman only sighed but smiled at the young teen's childish expression. "You should rest," Ik-Soo called out after a few seconds of silence. "You haven't regained enough strength to continue on this journey, correct?"

From the side, Hak frowned, mirroring Yoon's expression from earlier. He wasn't used to seeing his elder sister be so fragile and vulnerable. It wasn't just her. She's supposed to be strong, and she is. She's supposed to be undefeated, and he was wrong. He had been so used to losing to her and seeing her triumph over everything that he sometimes forgets that she was just a human like him.

But there had been a time when he had seen her much more vulnerable than she is now. Though, this wasn't the time to reminisce about the past. They have more pressing issues to tend into. Blue eyes found themselves staring at orange. Honestly, Yoru should have told them sooner. If word got out about her true identity, there's no harm if he personally takes care of those who know, right?