Chapter Fifteen: "Ties"

|•••••|

"Shu-Ten, please get down from there."

"Nah, I like the view here better."

"Ah, Ryokuryuu! Hakuryuu's looking for you."

"Ah, thanks, brat. Well, ya heard him, my lady; I gotta go."

"Wait!"

|•••••|

That night, even though Yoru was the eldest; the youngest, Yoon, scolded the former for wandering off by herself.

The next day, Yoru and Hak decided to split ways with the rest after remembering that their faces we're seen by the officers. Yoon was suspicious. It was not like them to part from Yona. I wonder what those two are hiding.

The both of them merely walked around, not a specific destination in mind. Today, Yoon had helped Yoru tie her hair up in an attempt to make her girlier and more presentable than she had been yesterday. Hak stopped outside a weapons shop, glancing inside the window.

The orange-haired woman was looking at her feet, bored out of her mind before re-tying her hair in a messy way. She wasn't comfortable without any locks of her hair framing her face or obscuring her vision. Most would think they were just distraction but in all honesty, Yoru was comfortable with them.

Ryokuryuu's presence entered her radar as she took a quick glance up the roof before her eyes averted to her feet once more. Ryokuryuu landed beside Hak without even making a single sound and said, "Oh, it's you guys."

Orange eyes rolled in exasperation. Frankly, she was certain that Jae-ha had been looking for Hak and her. "It must be fate that brought us three together again." She couldn't help but smack her face with the palm of her hand. She must be getting delusional if she could see stars sparkling around the green-haired man.

Placing himself between her and Hak, Jae-ha playfully draped his arms around the duo with a childish smile. "Could the both of you come with me?" Hak wanted to explain his situation and how him and Yoru can't come but Jae-ha simply pulled them nearer and whispered, "Someone's after me, you see."

And of course, the ever hard-headed former general asked a question that made Yoru facepalm again. "An official?" If the woman could just whack the idiocy out of Hak, she would have done so from the very first time they've met. Ryokuryuu hummed; he was obviously amused.

"Something like that. Don't worry. The both of you won't get hurt."

Hak and Yoru didn't know what to express but the former had a look of annoyance dancing through his blue orbs. "Look, you," Hak began with a dark expression. "What are we doing here during the daytime?" Yoru arched an eyebrow, wondering if her brother hit his head somewhere. "Shouldn't you be asking why we're here in the first place, brother?"

A woman suddenly hugged Yoru's arm, pulling said person's arm against her chest. "Sir, what's your name?" Not one to be rude to innocent civilians, Yoru puts on her business smile, holds the woman's hand and brought it near her lips. The woman flushed bright red in embarrassment.

On the other hand, Hak sighed in exasperation; he was already used to this side of his sister whenever he accompanies her on rare occasions whenever she's assigned a mission from his former Majesty. At first, he had been extremely flustered whenever his sister gets into character.