9

Deduction

If a stack of objects, such as books or CD's, are slanted to the right, you can infer that the person is right handed and visa versa. A good example of this would be if someone in your family is left handed, look at the books they keep. They will most likely be slanting towards the left, while you (assuming you're a right handed person) will have your books slanting towards the right.

Basically, to tell which hand is someone's dominant, look at how they hold things or where they place them.

The hand they write with, if you can make them show you, is usually their dominant (be careful though, they may fake it. Watch to see if their handwriting is more square and they're writing slower than someone would normally be).

Say you get to see their desk/work area. If they place most objects towards the right, they're right handed; to the left and they're left handed. Likewise, if their chair is facing the right, they're right handed and so on and so forth.

But what if they're doing two things at once, like holding a drink and using their phone? How can you tell then? Well, holding a drink requires less concentration while using a phone requires more concentration, so the hand the phone is in is their dominant hand. The action that requires more attention will most likely be completed with their dominant or preferred hand.