Chapter 2

Nathanial's POV

" Bye Paul, I'll be walking to school today," I said to my butler as I walked out of the apartment.

" Hoping to catch a glimpse of Miss Joseph, I see." he then replied.

I smiled and I felt a sudden warmth rush to my cheeks, Belle was my best friend for as long as I could remember and I hate to admit it but, I believe I have a crush on her. Whenever I awoke late, instead of driving, I would walk just to have some time with Belle, and to keep her company. Walking to her apartment building, I spotted her blonde hair and that beautiful smile that she always wore so well. Instantly, I noticed that instead of her hair being just out, a little clip now held her bangs. She wore a knee length turquoise Chanel dress that, showed all of her curves and fitted very well against her petite frame.

" So Sleeping Beauty is finally awake, I see!" I yelled. I didn't just say that, I can't believe I called her that! I looked at her and to my amazement, she is standing there blushing. Did I Nathanial, just make my crush blush? We walked to school as fast as we could, and all the time we were both smiling and laughing. As we arrived, we met some more of our friends, but The Evil Queen must make her appearance sometime and sadly for us, she decided to 'bless' us with her presence. I placed one of my arms on Belle to see if I could protect her from whatever was to come.

While Jade was walking towards us, I could feel Belle's entire body tighten and I could feel her heart beating faster and faster and Jade smirking. Somehow, seeing my hand around Belle gave her a sort of satisfaction. Jade was now right in front of us and she was accompanied by her older brother, Brandon, as well as some of her other friends. Jade pulled my hands from around Belle, and held them. I wanted to take my hands away but I knew if I did then, The Evil Queen would focus all of her attention on Belle. She dragged me to the side of the school, where I knew that Belle could see us then released my hands, only to have one of her friends punch me in the stomach. Then they all crowded around us since it turned into a full fledge fight. "What was her plan? Why was she doing this? Why does she dislike Belle?" were some of the questions that flooded my mind. I fought back but, we were outnumbered six to three. Trying to find Belle, I noticed Jade walking towards her with that same stupid grin on her face.