Chapter 16

Hey guys so this is my update for Monday. Hope you guys enjoy. =) I'm not feeling that great so I'm sorry if this chapter was kind of bad. :( Yes the date is still going on well sort of ill finish the date scene on Wednesday.

Standing in front of us was Jace and he looked very determined for some unknown reason. His lips were pouted and he looked as if he was on the verge of crying but, it was not that which made me think so, it was something in his eyes. They looked persistent and I soon found out why.

"Where are you guys going Brandon?" he asked.

"To dinner with Belle,"

"Can I come too?" he pleaded.

"Sorry buddy, it's supposed to be just Belle and me tonight. Maybe next time,"

I watched as Jace's face went from hopeful to sad. Oh great, Brandon was going to kill me but I could not just leave him here. He reminded me of my cousin she was also about the same age as Jace but the thing that separated them was the accident. Thinking about it sent shivers down my spine and I could feel my tears on the verge of sliding down my cheek and quickly, I blinked them back.

"Brandon, what if we stay with your brother?" I suggested hoping he would say yes.

"You sure Belle?"

"Yea, it's no problem. I would prefer to play PS3 with your brother than go out," I said giving Jace a wink.

I saw his face lighten and he began smiling again. In the split second after I said that, I felt arms wrapping me in a tight hug around my mid section. For a boy he certainly had a tight grip. He released me from his grasp and said,"Thank you Belle. You're different from everyone else."

I smiled but then wondered, what the hell is with everyone saying I'm different. It's like they were expecting me to be a cold blooded murderer or something. Jeez, I could not be that weird that everyone thinks I should be in a mental hospital, could I?

"Since we are not going out, what would you like to eat?" Brandon questioned.

"Chinese? What do you think?"

"Yea sure." He replied picking up the phone and going to the kitchen to order our food.

"Sorry for ruining your date,'' Jace said truly apologetic.

"It's ok.'' I replied smiling,"Watch that guy on your left. He's gonna knife you!"

Quickly, he turned and killed him.

"Thanks," he scrunched his nose.

"You ok?"

"I just got saved by a GIRl in COD!''

I laughed but then he got all serious again.

"But I'm truly sorry about your evening. It's just after..." I noticed a few tears streaming down his face.

"Look it's ok," I said pulling him into a quick hug.

"Belle, the food would be here in twenty minutes." Brandon uttered, taking the seat beside me.

He had changed his clothes and he was now wearing a Ralph Lorraine tee and some jeans. He smelled nice like Axe spray and Snuggle fabric softener. Instantly, Jace pulled himself off me and grabbed his controller which was under one of the pillows. Brandon picked up his controller and we began the game, just three of us not an online match with no one else. I had the advantage since, I had the entire top half of the tv while Jace and Brandon shared the bottom one. We gamed and gamed and gamed until our food arrived. We ate then repeated the process again.

Jace fell asleep on top of me, with his head resting on my lap and his feet dangling from the arm rest. Brandon woke him up to go to bed an then switched off the game counsel. Jace said his goodbyes and even gave me a hug before leaving.

"I'm so sorry about your crappy evening,"

"Told you, I had an amazing time." I said smiling,"Curious, how come Jade isn't here?"

I was really wondering about that one I mean, it's her house so I would at least have to face the Evil Queen once tonight but thankfully I was speared the torture.

"I think she's at a friend's house for the night," he stated brushing away a piece of his hair which had fallen into his eyes.

"What you did for Jace was kind of you. He hasn't been the same after..."his body tensed.

"After what?" I asked concerned.

"Well you heard about the school bus which crashed because the driver was drunk that evening?"

Yep, I knew all about that. I felt my eyes becoming hot and I knew it was going to be a matter of seconds before the tears came. It was a couple weeks ago but I remember it like yesterday because of how it impacted my life.

"Yea,"

"Jace was on that bus and he would have died if it wasn't for a little girl. She fell on top of him right before the bus crashed into the wall and the car collided with the bus... After that he would always stay near me. Mom says that he's terrified it would happen again and he would feel safer with his big brother there.

That was it. I could not hold back the tears any more and there was no stopping it. Brandon looked worried and wiped some of the tears off my cheek with his thumb. It was soft and gentle and the aura which radiated off him was calming, protective and somehow soothing.

"You ok?" he asked wrapping me in his arms.

I did not reply but just cried harder. Thank God my mascara was waterproof otherwise...

I buried my head in the crook of his neck and he hugged me tighter.

"Did you know anyone on the bus?"

I pulled out of his embrace and stared at my hands. I could feel his eyes on me waiting for a reply. More tears were coming but I kept them inside not wanting to be comforted again.

"The girl that fell on your brother and ended up saving his life... That was my cousin." I uttered barely audible.

"Is she ok?" he asked.

"She died two days after it happened." I stated.

------------------***----------------------

So I just want to say thanks for everything you have done for me it means so much and no matter how many time I say this it would never be enough.

See that Amazing banner it was made by my best friend and i love it soooo much check it out  ---------------------------------------------> thanks =)

Wondering why you guys are getting frequent updates? its because I'm on vacation!!! Finally! Been waiting a long time for this :) thanks for being understanding when I couldn't update because of exams you all are epic.

Love you =) :*

xoxo

Shy