Chapter 4

Hey guys! I would love to hear from my readers, so if you want to leave your comments and tell me what you think, I would really appreciate that. Hope you all enjoy!!!

Belle's POV

"How does Jade know this? How did she find out?" Were some of the questions running and replaying through my mind, again and again. She asked me that one life changing question and, when I denied everything and asked her what she was talking about, what did I get? A punch in the face! I may have deserved it for dismissing her accusations but, no way would I single handedly give anyone the one thing they could use to destroy my life, especially not Jade. I would have preferred to die, there and then, than to answer THAT question.

All I felt after her punch was a salty warm substance on my lips and I recognized it as blood. I didn't bother to retaliate but instead, just watched as all my books fell from my hands and then Jade stomping away to class. I now knew her plan and I hate to admit it, but it was actually well thought out. My heart felt sorry for Nate since I knew that, it was because of me he became a human punching bag. Just as I was trying to stand, a sweet voice asked me, " Need some help there, Belle?"

I was in a daze, since I was wondering why Brandon, Jade's brother, was helping me. Without waiting for a reply, he bent down and helped me retrieve my books.

"Thank you very much,"

" Wow the Divergent Series! That's an awesome book," I just smiled and then, so did he.

" Why are you doing this?" I questioned," Doesn't your sister hate me?"

"Yeah," he stated," But just so you know, that doesn't mean everyone does," I laughed at that and he smiled.

"You ok, Belle?" and I turned since I knew it was the voice of my prince.

I told him that I was fine and then, he arched his eyebrows since he knew I was lying but I didn't let that daunt me and instead I plastered a smile on my face and told him not to worry. It was then that Brandon interjected and questioned if he could help with my lip. Seeing the shock on Nate's face, I quickly answered," Ok sure, thank you," I would have never done so but, after seeing how Jade's group cornered him and then beat the living daylights out of him, I felt angry at myself.

I knew it was my fault, and mine alone and, if I was to spent any time with him right now it would just pain and hurt me even more. I could not bare that, but, the look he gave me as Brandon leaded me away was one even worst. It was one of betrayal and I wished, the ground would open and swallow me, right there and then.