Chapter 47

Time seemed to stop as Roy and Chet beat the crap out of each other. Finally, after an undetermined amount of time, the fight ended; the winner clear.

"Might wanna get him a doctor," Chet approached her, nodding towards the fallen man. "Think I went a little overboard."

A low, pathetic moan sounded from the man in question as Scarlett finally began to process the entire situation. She'd gotten Roy beaten up. Oops.

"I'll go easier on him next time,"  Chet smirked, wiping his bleeding nose with his sleeve and wincing in the process. "I swear. The way he came at me, man, I thought he was tougher than this. What a wimp. Anyway, I'm out."

"Of course, cause some chaos and you bail." Scarlett mumbled more to herself than him.

Pulling herself together, she finally found the strength to stand and slowly moved to where Roy was. Not entirely sure what she should do, she decided to just poke him until she figured it out.

"Roy, hey, you okay?"

"Ughhhh."

"Huh, guess not."

Scarlett quickly pondered what to do. It was obvious Roy needed medical attention but she knew there would be questions. Questions she didn't want to answer. At least Roy wasn't coherent enough to spill everything at the current moment.

Making her decision, she made her way back into the hospital, heading towards Emergency where she knew she'd definitely find someone. Someone besides Brackett, she hoped. Unsurprisingly, the ER seemed in a sort of chaos, and Scarlett saw absolutely nobody around that she knew. Maybe that was a good thing at the moment.

Approaching what looked like a student nurse at the desk, she decided to convey her plight.

"Um, hi," Scarlett said awkwardly to the lady. "So uh, my friend kinda got beat up outside in the courtyard. He didn't even move when I poked him, so I think he's hurt pretty badly."

The student nurse studied her and raised an eyebrow. It seemed pretty obvious to Scarlett that she thought she was crazy, and really, at this point maybe she was.

"Are you hurt too?"

For the first time since the drama had started, Scarlett realized how absolutely horrible she must look and knew that she most likely looked like a homeless nut job. No, a homeless nut job would probably look better right now.

"N-no..." Scarlett shifted awkwardly, trying to ignore the puddle forming on the floor from her soaked clothes. "I'm... good. See, my friend had a... disagreement with someone and got a little messed up."

The nurse eyeballed her carefully once more and finally seemed to be convinced. Maybe.

"Right...I'll just call the head nurse and ask her what I should do."

Scarlett waited in what felt like dread as she most definitely knew who the head nurse was. Someone she didn't exactly want to see at the current moment, and Scarlett also knew, most definitely, who she'd bring with her.

"Tell her it's Roy," Scarlett interrupted the nurse on the phone. Surely Dixie would listen to that. "It's Roy who got beaten up."

Without waiting for a reply, Scarlett took off. Faster than her mind could comprehend her actions, she found herself back in the courtyard. At least Roy was moving now though.

"Are you okay? Where's Chet?" He mumbled rubbing his head, a glazed expression in this eyes. "What was that even about?"

"Chet took off right after," Scarlett replied, purposely ignoring part of his questions. "Listen, Dixie is coming and probably Brackett. Please, don't tell them about what exactly started the fight."