,21

"Jeon Jungkook, the youngest member of BTS. Who was recently rescued from his kidnapper, has been arrested for the murder of fellow band member Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi was found strangled to death outside of a therapist's office, which also happened to be Jeon Jungkook's therapist. Police say that Jungkook tried to flee the scene of the crime but was captured before he could escape-"

Jin grabbed the remote off the table and shut the TV off. He couldn't listen to those annoying reporters repeat the same news over and over again. He also couldn't stand hearing Yoongi's name followed by the word murdered anymore.

All of this felt like a bad dream. A terrible fucking nightmare that Jin and everyone else will wake up from. But its not a dream, this is reality, and the cold hard reality is that Yoongi is dead and Jungkook's a schizophrenic killer.

"Hyung, he's almost here." Namjoon informed as he hovered in the hallway. Jin nodded and tried to ignore the bubbling tears that were forming behind his eyes, but he couldn't. The hot tears seared Jin's skin as they rolled down his cheeks and the sobs caught in his throat burned like fire. Namjoon took quick strides towards his sobbing hyung and pulled him into a bone crushing hug. "Please don't cry hyung," Namjoon whispered as he stroked Jin's back. Jin knew this was wrong, he's supposed to be the oldest, but with Yoongi gone and Jungkook going away to some prison for psychos. It's all too much and being a responsible hyung was the last thing on his mind.

"I-I just...I can't believe he's gone," Jin sobbed into Namjoon's shoulder, dampening the fabric of his shirt. Namjoon didn't know what to say, because he couldn't believe it either. He always looked up to Yoongi, worshiped him and strived to become him. But now he's gone, thanks to Jungkook. Namjoon didn't want to hate the maknae, he knew deep down that Jungkook didn't mean it. The poor kid is schizophrenic. But Namjoon hates him anyway. Hates him with all his heart, because he took Yoongi from them.

"He loved him Namjoon," Jin whispered. Namjoon's hand froze on Jin's back and fresh tears dampened his already swollen eyes, "what?" 

A painful sob shook Jin's body as he tried to form an answer to Namjoon's question. "Yoongi fucking loved him!" Jin sobbed, "and he thought Jungkook loved him too..but he was wrong. So fucking wrong."

Namjoon felt like vomiting but instead he held Jin tighter. He never knew Yoongi had feelings for Jungkook, he didn't even know Yoongi was gay. Maybe he didn't know Yoongi as well as he thought. "Jungkook's sick, there's no way he could've reciprocated Yoongi's feelings." Namjoon felt like a dick for saying that but its the truth. Yoongi should've realized that too, then maybe he'd still be alive. Jin shook his head and let another wave of sobs shake his body. "He loved him before the incident, he's always loved him."

Namjoon opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by a knock at their door. "I can't do this, I'm sorry." Jin said before pushing away from Namjoon and leaving the room. Another knock on the door echoed in the room followed by the sound of footsteps and sniffling. Hesitantly, Hoseok stepped into the room, followed by Jimin and Taehyung. Jimin was clinging to Hoseok's waist and Taehyung had silent tears flowing down his cheeks, it was a depressing sight that Namjoon couldn't watch. These weren't his smiling and cheerful bandmates, these are broken boys who had everything they love stolen from them.

"Why did Jin leave?" Hoseok asked as he rubbed circles on Jimin's back. Namjoon shrugged, he didn't want to tell them the truth. Thankfully Hoseok understood and dropped the question. Slowly Namjoon approached the front door and gripped the icy cold handle. Behind the door was Jungkook, who they haven't seen in almost three weeks. Namjoon was told that after the police captured Jungkook they admitted him to a mental hospital and evaluated his mental state, to see if he was sane enough for a normal prison. The doctors told the judge that Jungkook was mentally unstable and would be a danger to himself and fellow inmates if he went to a normal prison. So the judge decided to put Jungkook in a prison for the criminally insane, the same place Lee is being held. Namjoon couldn't believe that Jungkook was going to the same place as Lee but a lot of things have happened recently that he can't believe.

Tears were blurring Namjoon's vision as he opened the door but he could still recognize Jungkook, who was wearing a straitjacket and had a burly nurse standing behind him. Jungkook didn't smile or remove his eyes from the floor as he shuffled into the dorm. "I'll wait in the hall, ten minutes Jeon." The nurse growled before leaving the boys alone. Taehyung wanted to punch the nurse for talking to Jungkook like that, but he forgets that Jungkook's a criminal now, a murderer. All Taehyung wanted to do was hug Jungkook and kiss those cherry red lips that eluded him for years. He could do it, right now, in front of everyone. Confess his love for Jungkook before he is locked up forever, the perfect ending to this fucked up story. But there's no such thing as perfect and in the real world perfect endings don't exist.

"Hi kookie." Taehyung didn't mean to let the nickname slip but it did and Jungkook's sunken eyes immediately focused on him. Chills ran up Taehyung's spine as he gazed into what used to be Jungkook's chocolate eyes but were now endless voids of darkness. Which screamed louder than any voice. 

"Hello Tae," Jungkook responded in a voice that wasn't his. The nickname sounded wrong coming from him and Taehyung wished he hadn't spoken at all. Instead of speaking Taehyung was trying to ignore the obvious bruises and cuts that littered Jungkook's dull face, but when he adverted his eyes Jungkook's malnourished body wrapped in white straps and belts stared back at him.

He wanted to ask how Jungkook got those cuts and bruises, even though he already knew. Mental hospitals are known for treating their patients like trash. Taehyung frowned as fresh tears dusted his lashes, he can't do this.

"Why'd you do it?" Hoseok suddenly asked and the question shocked everyone, even Jungkook. Who was expecting it. "Hobi I don't think you should bring that up." Namjoon mumbled but there was no fire behind his words. He honestly wanted to know himself. Hoseok rolled his eyes and pushed Jimin behind him. "Why did you do it Jungkook!?" He asked again, this time getting closer to Jungkook.

Jungkook remained motionless and blank, his empty black orbs still staring daggers at Taehyung. "Fucking answer me!" Hoseok shouted before shoving Jungkook's chest. The maknae stumbled backwards but didn't fight back, he couldn't even if he wanted to. Jungkook's lack of reaction fueled Hoseok's rage and before they could stop him he was shoving the maknae into the wall.

"Did you enjoy killing him! Did you like watching the life drain from his body!" Hoseok cried as he repeatedly slammed Jungkook's frail body into the wall. "Stop Hobi!" Taehyung cried then surged forward and tried to stop him. Hoseok gave up immediately and fell into Taehyung's embrace, his body shaking with adrenaline. Taehyung looked up from Hoseok and froze when he caught Jungkook's eyes. They were damp with tears yet held no emotion at the same time. Without thinking Taehyung released Hoseok's body and pulled Jungkook into a hug.

"Don't leave Jungkook! You can't leave me!" Taehyung sobbed as he dug his nails into the thick material of the straitjacket. Jungkook rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder and breathed in his hyungs scent. "I'm sorry Tae," Jungkook whispered so only Taehyung could hear it. "No! This can't be happening! You can't leave me!" Taehyung continued to cry as he held Jungkook as close as psychically possible.

Jungkook screwed his eyes shut and tried to memorize how Taehyung's arms felt around him, or how his heart beats against him. He tried to memorize Taehyung's scent, voice, skin, body, face, cry. Anything and everything, because this is the last time he'll ever see him. And the thought alone made him want to puke.

"N-no! Let me go!" Taehyung screamed as his arms were pried off of Jungkook's limp body by the nurse. Despite Taehyung's screaming Jungkook kept his eyes shut and savored every last second of his touch. The nurse grunted and finally yanked Jungkook out of Taehyung's iron grip. "Times up, say goodbye Jungkook." The nurse laughed as he dragged Jungkook out of the dorm and out of their lives. Jungkook kept his eyes closed and tried desperately to remember Taehyung's scent and touch. But it was hard to do when he was being manhandled down an hallway leading to his doom.

"Jungkook! Don't leave! Please!" Taehyung cried as he punched the hard floor, his knuckles immediately turning an angry red. Namjoon crouched down next to the hysterical boy and tried to comfort him but Taehyung pushed him away. "Don't touch me," He whimpered before scrambling to his feet and running into Jungkook's bedroom.

Namjoon stood up and stared down the vacant hallway, Jungkook already long gone. "Goodbye kookie, you will be missed."

(Oh god😭I'm so sorry for the slow and shitty update.)