🌹 Chapter Twenty Seven

"I'll see you next on Thursday Mr. Smith!" Beyoncé waved back and smiled at the old man who owned the art shop. Mr. Smith was very sweet and a kind person. He was very passionate about art and everything related to ur but he's more focused on paintings and sketches. Riding a cab, she called Nicki and Nicki instantly answered.

"Hey Bey. What's up?" Nicki asked as she just finished eating her macaroni and cheese for her snack.

"You eating without me?" Beyoncé whined then pouted as if Nicki could see it then Nicki chuckled. "Anyways, I just get out of the shop and are we still going to the appointment?" She asked, half nervous.

"Oh yeaah. Yes we are, let me just get ready." Nicki said as she went to her room to prepare her outfit. "Where are you so I can pick you up?"

Beyoncé looked around and she was near the Carter Co. building. "Uhm, I'm riding a cab but you can pick me at up at Popeyes."

"Alright." Nicki responded as they hung up the phone call.

Beyoncé rode and stopped at Popeyes and waited for Nicki. She wasn't that hungry so she just ordered water with lemon. Sipping on her drink, she saw a family, just like before when she was a waitress. They were happy eating together. They are like problem-free and close together. She wondered if she will be able to have a family like then. Then, she noticed the mother and how she handled her two kids. She seems so sweet and very caring. Beyoncé wondered if she will be able to handle her kids in the future. She found herself staring at the air and she quickly came back to her senses before someone says she's crazy. Just in time, Nicki came in. She took her seat as she put down her shades down.

"Okaaaay, I'm sorry I'm kinda late." She said. "Minor traffic on the road."

Beyoncé shook her head no. "Nah, you're fine. You wanna eat first? I'm not that hungry." She asked her.

"I'm fine I just ate Mac and Cheese." Nicki teased as Beyoncé glared at her. It was their both's favorite. When they were kids, Nicki's mom always prepares them Mac and Cheese and they just grew to love it.

"Shut up and let's go." Beyoncé stood as she grabbed her bag while Nicki did the same, chuckling.

*

Shawn sat on the meeting area at the middle, facing everyone as they listen to the presenter. Alana was beside him, jotting down notes, just the way he likes. He wanted a secretary who would willing to do anything business related. The one who knew it all even though you don't have to tell them what to do. In short, A secretary who has initiative.
Beyoncé was a fit but he found something more in her and can be improve more if she finishes her schooling. That's why he didn't want her to work in his company first because he wanted her to reach his place, better yet, challenge him.

"Alright. That was a good one James." He complimented. "I'll be looking forward to your project and let's see what we can do about it." Shawn said nodding in agreement. The board nodded, including Alana. "Are y'all ready for the little party tonight?"

The board nodded with smiles and small cheers as Shawn chuckled. "Okay. Well then, we'll see each other later. Meeting adjured." He announced as they left one by one. Shawn and Alana was left in the meeting room.

"Is there anything you need, Mr. Carter?" She asked and eyeing him as Shawn opened a folder to review James' presentation and project.

Shawn shook his head. "No. Nothing right now, Alana." He said without looking at her and kept reading.

Alana moved closer and bit her bottom lip. She extended her arm around his shoulder and started massaging him as Shawn got a little bit tensed. "Relax Mr. Carter. I'm just trying to help." She smiled as she massaged his shoulders. Alana lowered her hand down to his chest then to his stomach. Shawn was tensed and didn't know what to do with this situation.