1- Will

Another day.  Another smile to set on my face, another hour of staring in the mirror wondering what color my eyes are.  The sun rose again, and again I slipped out of bed and washed my face, the water dripping down my bare, gray chest.  Maybe they were green.  Maybe brown.  I blinked.  What did brown look like? I couldn't imagine it.  I slipped on a t shirt and a pair of pants and headed downstairs. 
"Mornin' ma."
"Morning, Willie. I have to run to work, m'kay, so just head on down to school and I'll be here after you come home."
"Kay, ma. Have a good day!" I smiled at my mom, almost out of pity.  She worked so hard every day just to support us.  I grabbed an apple from the bowl on the counter and hefted my black backpack up. Or.. I thought it was black.  In any case, I swung open the door, and with a light sigh, was on my way. 

The second day of school since summer ended, and it already felt like a lifetime had passed.  Thank god I was a senior in high school, and leaving next year. I blew a grayish white curl out of my face, then pulled it back and stared at it with wonder.  What do I look like?
The bell rang, jarring me out of my thoughts and I ran to my locker, grabbing a book and a pair of earbuds for history.