14- Nico

He radiated warmth in my arms. I still didn't know why he had started crying, the grey tears dropping onto multi toned sand. They sky was almost black now, but we hadn't left yet. Instead, we lay on the cool ground and stared at the sky through half lidded eyes, mumbling to each other as not to break the comfortable silence with loud words. The stars were white dots on a black canvas, and I ran my fingers through the sand. Not for the first time that day, I wished for colors. I wished that I could see the blues in the sea and the purples in the sky. But I supposed it would come when it was meant to. In the meantime, I closed my eyes and stretched out comfortably, sprawling over and resting my head on Wills chest.

I had no idea how much this was torturing him.

I woke up with his hand in my hair, absentmindedly playing with it as he stared at the water, his eyes sucking in every motion. He watched it as if he had never seen it before.
"Hi," I rasped. His eyes flitted down to me and he smiled, taking his hand out of my hair. "Hi."
"You okay?" He nodded, his eyes now fixated on mine. He didn't look okay. They searched me inside and out. I felt vulnerable under his gaze. "You sure?" I asked, sitting up and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah. I'm-" his eyes widened. "Shoot!" He looked up and then down. "School!" I shot up, my hair sandy and my shoes off. "We gotta go." I grabbed his hand and helped him up before taking my shoes and running across the beach. He followed, both of us frantic.
We burst into the building an hour late, having missed our first class already. I bid Will a quick goodbye and ran to my locker, grabbing my books and shuffling into class. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

JASON⚡️
Hey, wanna hang later? 5?

I quickly typed up a response and shoved it back into my pocket.

Sure. See you then.