27- Nico

Jason and I- well, a lot had happened. We were a thing now.  I still didn't know how I felt about it, I just knew that it had been a little over a year and he was always there for me. When he asked me out a couple months ago, I figured I might as well give it a shot- though I probably wasn't ready.
I flopped backwards over the arm of the couch, groaning- I was exhausted. We had spent the day out; we went out to eat and then saw a movie, then came back and walked around before the sun started setting. Jason walked in and I jumped up. "Hey Jase!" "Hi." He smiled, pressing a kiss on my cheek, and sat next to me.  "Ready for classes tomorrow?" It was Sunday night. I shot up, sitting straight. "No! Shoot! I totally forgot I had a paper due!!" I whipped out my phone, staring to type up my report to send in before tomorrow, but after a minute, the light started fading. "Damn, 3%." I muttered. I quickly saved what I had before it died. "Hey, Jason?"
"Hm?"
"Can I borrow your phone? Mine died and I need to finish a report tonight." I begged, pouting. He pretended to consider, frowned and almost shook his head, then chuckled and tossed his phone to me. I barely caught it, fumbling with it before it landed steadily in my hands. I sighed with relief. "Thanks."
"Sure, babe." I smiled, but my heart wasn't in it. I liked Jason a lot, I really did, but he seemed to always be trying so hard. I unlocked it and started to type. Bzzzz!! No sooner that I had begun, the phone buzzed and a message popped up. "Jase. You-" my voice faltered. It was from... Will? Will Solace? "What?" Jason promoted me on, but I pressed my lips together. "Nothing, it just glitched for a sec. I fixed it." I pressed the message, curious. Why was Will texting Jason?  My eyes widened as I saw the previous texts, running all the way back to the day he left me 15 months ago.  I scrolled up. 
Jason: Block his number and lock the door. My finger's on the call button.
Will: Please- at least take care of him for me? Nico doesn't deserve to be left. 
....
Will: I can't do it, Jason. I need him. What kind of cold hearted monster are you to take my life away from me like that?
Jason: Deal with it, Solace. Remember, Nico thinks you left him- he wouldn't want you back anyway. And besides, if you do come back, I'll gladly call the police.  Then what would your life be?
Will: No, no. Okay. Just tell him for me then, okay? Tell him I never wanted to leave him.
Jason: Sure.
....
Will: It doesn't matter anymore. I'm 18 now. I'll always be there.
Jason: I'm surprised at you, Will.  You'd leave your mother, your own family, in the hands of the police for some boy? She'd die for what she did.
...
Today, 9:48 pm
Will: Jason I can't anymore okay? You win. This is killing me. That's what you wanted, right? To destroy me and have Nico to yourself? Well you win, I give up. Being without him for this long and knowing that he's happy with someone else, especially someone like you, is too much. Happy?

The message was full of spite.  I read it over and over again- what was going on?  I squinted. Will... didnt leave me? He missed me? It was Jason? Jason. I stood up. I looked Jason directly in the eye and tossed the phone back.
"Explain."
The word was full of hatred, coldness that crept through Jason's body like ice.  He visibly shuddered, then glanced down onto the screen. He gasped.  "It- it isn't what it looks like. You weren't supposed to see these."
"No, really? I wasn't supposed to see how you threatened my soulmate until he left me because why?! Why, Jason?! What did you get out of it?!"  Jason looked down, then back up to meet my eyes, full of persistence.  "He was your soulmate, but you were mine.  And it was him, or me. And look how happy we've been for the last year! He gestured around him at the photographs of us that adorned the walls. I snarled. "I could never be happy with someone who would take away the lives of two people purposely in order to be happy themselves. That's as bad as murder." With that I turned and walked harshly to the door. I needed to find Will.