30- Nico

We were determined to make summer last as long as possible. In June, Will helped me enroll in the college he attended and pick my courses early so we wouldn't have to think about it later. Then he took me to Disney World, where I rediscovered my hatred for rollercoasters and kindled my love for my soulmate.

Our last night there, we were sitting in the hotel room together, not talking. It had been nine days since we arrived, and we only had this one left. I was leaning back onto my boyfriends chest, facing the wall as his hands ran through my hair. "Hey." He said softly.
"Hey," I said, smiling and getting off of his lap, turning to face him. His eyes searched my face. I could feel his warm breath on my cheek as I lay down next to him, placing a hand over his shoulder and burying one hand in his hair. "What's up?" I asked, still not raising my voice over a soft volume. "Nothing, I just wanted to hear your voice." I laughed. My heart pounded.

"I'm so, so lucky to have you. I love you so much," I breathed, my hand retreating from his curls and stroking his cheek instead. "Wow. Wow. I can't believe I ever lived without you." I realized that I meant every word, and that if I ever lost him again I wouldn't be able to function. He blinked, then a smile slowly spread across his face. "Come 'ere." He pulled me close to him, his hands running up and down my back comfortingly. "I love you too, darlin'."

I hadn't thought much of that night, but looking back at it, it was a pivotal moment in our relationship. Now that we were home, I found myself realizing more and more how much I depended on Will. I prayed that he felt the same towards me. Now, Will was downstairs making breakfast and I was getting dressed. I ran a comb through my hair and thudded down to him, wrapping my arms around his waist from behind as he flipped a pancake on the stove. "Oh!" He jumped. "Morning!" I buried my face into his shoulder blade. "Yeah." Letting go, I sat at the counter and rested my head in my hands, a yawn escaping my lips. "Tired, huh?"

"Exhausted."

"That's ok. We don't have to do much today. We can just go to the bookstore and I'll watch you browse for six or seven hours." He shot me a knowing smile, placing a plate in front of me and then another for himself.

"Thanks, babe." His face reddened a little, and I let a laugh slip out. "What? You can call me pet names but I can't call you any?"
"Wh- b- hey!" He spluttered. "It's not that! You just don't usually call my anything other than Sunshine."

"Okay, darling, baby, love of my life." His blush grew with every word, and I grinned. I loved teasing him.

"That's hardly fair, I can't make you flustered with pet names!" Will stood up and made a face. I stood up too, and pecked his lips. "Its perfectly fair, I get flustered every time you smile." Then I walked over to the door. "Come on, let's go for a walk."

I was 20 now, and Will had just recently turned 21. I knew I was young, but we had found each other twice now, and I knew I couldn't lose him again. Which meant... next stop: ring shopping.