19- Nico

I started to catch onto my condition in the next few days. I would start to see the color of things that were important to me. That's why I could see the blue in Wills eyes, and the pink flower he gave to me. Now, I was sitting on his lap facing him, my legs hanging off either side of the chair and my arms loosely around his neck, watching him as he explained something about his medical work passionately. His tone rose up and down, his hair flipping around his face and his eyes skirting all over the room. I smiled. "And y- what?" He paused, looking at me. "Nothing." I chuckled. "I love you."
"I love you too." He sighed and leaned his forehead on mine. "But I hate work."
"Here's an idea. Let's get ice cream, take your mind off all this."
"Okay." He kissed my forehead and I slipped off his lap so he could follow me outside. The warmth hit me as soon as I opened the door. It was almost summer vacation, and every day in school was torture with finals coming up.  I silently kicked a stone across the sidewalk, rolling up my long sleeves to my elbows.  Will walked behind me, humming.  "Nico?" He asked, his voice quiet but melodious.  "Hmm?" I answered.  "Come here." I paused so he could catch up to me, then positioned myself so we were walking side by side.  He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into him. I leaned my head on his shoulder. "You're so weird." I said up to him.  He laughed into my hair. "And you're amazing."
"I know. You only tell me every other day."
"Well maybe I should start telling you every day."
"No need, it's already engraved in my mind, you sap. Anyway, were here." I ducked out from under him and opened the door.  Will grinned, following me inside and making his way to the counter.  Despite the heat, the parlor wasn't crowded at all.  Wills voice drifted from where he was standing to me in the back.  A moment later, he tapped me on the shoulder, a cone of chocolate ice cream in his outstretched hand. I took it, tilting my head. "What makes you think I like chocolate?"
"Shut up, you love chocolate." He laughed as I licked around the bottom of the cone.  "Okay. That's true." I admitted.  "I've been thinking. Can you tell me? What the rest of the colors are like?" I glanced up at him, his blue eyes gleaming.  "Well, there's yellow." We stepped outside and I licked my ice cream.  "Feel that? The sunlight? That's what yellow looks like.  Bright, and warm, and sunny.  Then there's red. Bold, and brave. Red is a rush of excitement, or marching into a fight, guns blazing." I slipped my free hand into his and closed my eyes. "Green is pretty. Imagine hand braided flower crowns and birds singing. And then there's purple. Comfort, like covering yourself in blankets when it's cold.  But it's also dancing outside in the hot rain. And lastly, orange.  Orange is fire, hot and blazing, a tangy taste, a smooth sunset. Did I miss anything?" I opened my eyes a little. "Brown?" He chuckled. "Well, my darlin', that's easy. Brown is warming your hands on a cup of hot chocolate, running your fingers through your hair." Soft, yet slightly callused hands lifted my chin. My eyes fluttered open. "Brown is drowning in your eyes just because they're so beautiful."  My breath hitched as his arm twisted me around and gracefully pulled me closer.  He felt so experienced, though I knew this was as new to me as it was to him. At this point, nothing we could do would be wrong.  I pushed myself up onto my toes and closed the gap between us, my lips meeting his soft, warm ones. My eyes closed instinctively as Will took over, and I felt myself dip slightly. When we parted, he was staring down at me in amazement, his blue eyes wide with wonder. 
It happened in an instant. The world seemed to have been coated in paint, splattering everywhere and drenching me in heavy and light tones of color, and all of a sudden everything that had been inside me bubbled out in a full, wholehearted laugh. I let go of Will and turned in a circle, a wide smile on my face. My eyes were teary as I turned back to Will and gasped happily. "I can see!"
As if he had been expecting it, my soulmate lifted me up and spun me around, laughing, then pulled me into a hug, his blonde hair in my face. "Ahaha! And yellow! It's incredible!" I cried, burying my face in his shoulder, overwhelmed with joy. His strong arms snaked around my waist and we stayed like that. Absolutely nothing could ruin the moment.