two

October 4th •

Kennedy POV

I woke up and did my regular morning routine. I put on my uniform for work and straightened my hair. I went downstairs and seen Travis sitting in my living room on his phone.

I walked slowly towards the kitchen before he turned his attention to me.

"I'm in therapy." He blurted out. I thought he was just kidding but his facial expression changed meaning this was real.

"What does that mean?"

"Ever since I lost my mom, I've been acting different so my brother told me to go see a therapist." I just looked at him because he was on the verge of crying. "I'm sorry I've been arguing with you, saying shit I don't mean, and fucking with these other bitches. I really am."

"Mhmm." I replied.

"You don't forgive me?" He asked walking towards me. I just ignored him before grabbing a water out of the refrigerator.

He sucked his teeth before heading to the door. "I can't do this with you right now." This is exactly what drives our relationship downhill. He expects me to just believe whatever he says.

"Give me the key." I said holding my hand out. A sinister smile appeared on his face.

"You think this gonna stop me from seeing you?" He laughed as he dug in his pocket. He took the key and threw it at me before walking out the door.

I left right behind him and hopped in my car and drove Downtown. When I arrived, I got out and walked inside the restaurant.

I seen the other workers just walking around. Andrea and Eric were sitting in one of the booths so I walked over there after I clocked in.

"I hate working Saturdays so much. It gets packed so quickly." Andrea said.

"Exactly." Eric agreed.

"Nigga, you don't even do anything but clean dishes and sweep." She snapped.

He stuck up his middle finger and I shook my head.

We heard the bells ring which made all of us look at the door. It was the boy I hit with the door from yesterday. Our manager, Alex, followed behind him and said, "Good morning everyone! I'd like to welcome our new member, Keith." He smiled. "Kennedy, get him a uniform and show him around." He instructed.

I got the uniform from Alex's office and went to give it to Keith. "Hey, here's your uniform." I said before I handed him his shirt and hat.

"Thanks." He started to take his shirt off and my eyes widened at the sight of his abs. He laughed. "So you're the one that hit me with the door yesterday? Your name's Kennedy?" He asked as he continued to do it.

"I said I was sorry." I said which made him laugh. "You ready?"

He nodded and followed after me. I showed him every area in the restaurant and what he needs to do. He seemed very eager to learn everything.

"So what you want me to do now?" He asked.

"When I take the orders, you can bring the guests their beverages." I said before grabbing my notepad.