fifteen

November 7th •

Christina POV

"Hey, Keith. I just wanted to let you know that we've reviewed your things several times to come to a conclusion that...we want you to play the Ronnie Devoe!"

"Are you serious?" He said getting excited.

"So serious."

"Thank you so much, Christina and tell your dad thanks too."

"Why don't you just come tell him yourself? I think it would be better coming from you."

"You're right. When should I come over?"

"Now is perfect." I said before biting my lip.

After about 30 minutes, Keith was here and I let him inside. He walked through our living room and stood against the wall.

"So, where's your dad?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't think he's here." I said walking closer to him.

"But I thought you sa-"

"Keith, I found your audition very breathtaking. That's why we chose you. But if you let me, I could make you so much more."

He scrunched up his face. "What do you mean?"

"You wanna be a star, right?"

"I just wanna be successful in what I love to do. Nothing more, nothing less."

I smirked. "Great answer."

Kennedy POV

"These essays are honestly gonna be the death of me." Aaliyah said sitting on my couch.

"It can't be that bad."

She looked at me. "6-page essay about what matters in life to me the most?"

"Damn, Li. You better hurry up. Algee's birthday dinner starts at 6:30." I told her.

As she continued to type, she said, "Have you and Keith made it official yet?"

"No, we're just chilling...I guess."

"Well, I wanted to tell you something I felt would be important."

"What?"

"The other day Christina gave me a tour of her house and she mentioned Keith." I sat up becoming more interested. "She said she liked him."

"A lot of girls like him."

"Kennedy, that's not the point. She said it like she wanted to be with him." I started thinking about it and pulled out my phone. I FaceTimed Keith and waited till he answered.

"Wassup?" He said.

"Nothing, I was just checking up on you."

"Oh, well I'm good. They finally called and told me I got the part."

"Aww, Keith I'm so proud of you!"