eight

October 26th •

Kennedy POV

"Hey, mom. What's wrong?" I asked because she called me earlier than she normally does.

"It's Kyian. You need to talk to him. He's been hanging out on the street every night with these new friends. Do you know he got arrested yesterday? I can't keep doing this with him. It's gotten out of control!"

"Mom, calm down. Lemme talk to him." I said putting the phone on speaker.

It was silent for a minute, until I heard my brother's voice. "Wassup, K?"

"Nah, why you keep doing shit you ain't supposed to?"

He laughed. "What you mean?"

"You know what I mean. How you got arrested yesterday?" I said with a stricter tone in my voice.

"Me and some guys was just standing on our block and these other niggas came tryna start shit. So one of my boys pulled out a gun and started shooting. They called the police on us so..."

"So what? You think that's okay?" I asked.

"Kennedy, lemme handle my business and you can handle yours."

"Who are you talking to? You really need to watch ya lil ass for you get hurt. I'm not playing with you, Kyian. You're 16, can you please act like it?"

"Yeah, whatever." He said.

"Whatever, my ass. If mom calls me one more time about you, I'm gonna fly over there and beat your ass myself." I said before he started laughing.

I love my brother, I'm just a little apprehensive at times because he doesn't know how to stay out of trouble. My mom calls me with so many stories about him like stealing out of a mall, breaking into people's houses, and running away to go to parties. He became a teenager and forgot how to act.

"Tell mom I'll call her later."

"Okay." He said before hanging up.

All of a sudden, I heard banging on my door. It kinda scared me because Algee was supposed to come over but not this early. I made my way downstairs and went to the door. "Open the door!"

I grabbed the closest thing near me, which was the remote, and held it up. I opened the door slowly until Travis just barged in. My eyes widened before I threw the remote at him. It him in the head so he started moaning in pain.

"Ken, what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I'm sorry, Travis. I just reacted cause you scared me." I said picking up the remote. "Why are you banging on my door like that?"

"Did you forget you're still my girlfriend? Even if you kicked me out, that doesn't mean we're through." He walked towards me and kissed me. I moved back and wiped my lips. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Now, I'm your baby?" I scoffed. "I know you been fucking with another girl." Aaliyah sent me a picture of him and this girl laying up together on Instagram yesterday, so I wasn't up for any shit he had to tell me.