thirteen

November 5

Kennedy POV

Algee pulled up to Smoothie King with Mi Gente by J Balvin & Willy William playing throughout his car. "Y'all want something from here?" He offered Aaliyah and I.

"I'm good." I said.

"Get me anything with strawberries in it." Aaliyah said as he shook his head.

We were heading to Christina's house to meet with her dad about our music thing. I was kinda scared but I know Algee was probably super happy. I can tell he was always ready for this kind of thing.

On another note, I kinda felt Keith was mad at me. Ever since yesterday, I've called and texted him several times but he won't respond.

I looked at Algee who was now pulling out of the drive thru line. "Algee?" I said.

"What's wrong?"

"Keith hasn't been answering my calls or anything. Do you think he's mad at me?"

"No, he was literally just at your house. He's probably just upset because they didn't call him back for the auditions yet."

"What do you mean they didn't call him back yet?"

"They called me, Luke, and Woody but they still haven't called him back. So he's just been sitting in room, but he'll be fine."

Damn, I felt bad for him. I know how important this was to him. I sighed. "Yeah, I hope."

When we arrived at Christina's house, I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out the car.

"You guys ready?" Aaliyah said.

Before I could answer, Algee said, "Yep." We walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

"Hey guys! My dad is in the office room." Christina said after opening the door and letting us in.

" Christina said after opening the door and letting us in

We followed her into the room. Her dad and another girl were sitting in a chair.

"Ha! Algee, good to see you again!" Her father said as they shook hands. "And you must be Kennedy?"

"Yes, sir."

"Well, you two have a seat at the table and we can start talking."

"Aaliyah, you can hang out with me until they finish." Christina said before we sat down. She nodded and they left the room.

"So, Kennedy is Algee your only artist? Like you have your own record label?" He asked me.

"Well, he's the only one I've been working with. I've just been working with him, you know for fun."

"But we wanna make it serious, now." Algee joined in.

"Do you produce along with songwriting?"

"Yeah." I said.

"Well, I have proposition for the both of you

"Well, I have proposition for the both of you. I have a new artist, Michaela, and she sounds great but she needs help with songwriting and producing." I changed my position in my seat. I looked at the girl sitting next to Christina's father and she smiled. "If you help her, I'll help Algee make his first solo album. And me and you will be over the whole production credits."

"Yo, Kennedy! That's so lit!" Algee said to me. "We gotta do it."

"So do we have a deal?"

I looked at him, then Algee, then back to him. I smiled and said, "Yeah, we have a deal."

"Great, you three can sign these papers and we'll start making magic."

Aaliyah POV

While they were downstairs, Christina gave me a tour of her house. Right now, we were in her bedroom. It was so pretty and big.

"I love your room."

"Thanks, love. I'm kinda thinking of getting another shade of pink for the walls."

"Yeah, that would be cute."

I walked around and seen pictures of Algee, Woody, Keith, and some other guys. I raised my eyebrow and picked them up. "What are these?" I asked.

"Oh, those are their audition pics. We're still deciding on Keith and Elijah."

"Oh, do you think they'll get it?"

"Elijah and Keith are great actors but they're dancing isn't where it needs to be so my dad just needs further examination."

I laughed a little. "Oh."

"Yeah, but I really hope he chooses Keith. He's kinda cute."

My eyes widened at what she just said. "Oh, word?"

She laughed. "Yeah." I just smiled because I couldn't wait to tell Kennedy.