fourteen

November 6th

Keith POV

"Hey, you going with us?" Algee asked after walking in my room.

"Where y'all going?"

"Some new bowling place downtown. I think you should go, that way you won't be cooped up in the room all day."

"Okay." I said before he walked away.

I grabbed my phone and seen messages from Kennedy and my mom. I opened the ones from my mom first.

From: My World💕
Algee says you won't get up sweetie... I'm sure they'll call❤️ They're probably just going through the other people

From: My World💕
Keith, don't let me have to come over there!

I shook my head and clicked on Kennedy's.

From: Kennedy😌👀
Are you okay??

To: Kennedy😌👀
I'm fine Ken. I just needed to be alone for a minute

I seen she had read it but didn't respond. I tossed my phone on the bed and got up. I figured I would take a shower to get my mind off things. I might pull up and hang with them.

After I got out the shower, I decided to actually go. When we arrived, I seen Kennedy's car so I parked next to her. Algee and I walked inside as goosebumps by Travis Scott played throughout the building.

"Aye, its Algee and that light skin nigga!" Woody greeted us. I shook my head before joining the others. Woody, Luke, Kennedy, Aaliyah, and Bryshere were sitting around one of the lanes.

"Wassup, Keith." Luke said.

"Wassup." I said sitting next to Kennedy. She just looked at me and didn't say anything. I leaned closer to her while touching her thigh and whispered, "I'm sorry I didn't text you back." She just smirked and turned her head the other way. I wrapped my arm around her as she intertwined our hands. "I know you missed me."

"Um, no." She said looking back at me. I tried to kiss her lips but she moved back. "Stop, Keith for real."

"Get a room, honestly." Aaliyah said before everybody started laughing. I flicked her off and she rolled her eyes.

"Algee and I met with Christina's dad and now I get to produce for him and this other artist." She said slightly smiling. I loved when she talked about the things she liked because it made her more attractive to me.

"I'm proud of you, Ken." I said.

She grabbed my hand and said, "Thanks and I know they'll call you, Keith. You're an amazing person and I've seen you work harder than anyone else I know."

I swear this girl gon' make me wife her on the spot. I smiled and said, "Thanks, I really needed that."

"Do you think you can come over after this? I wanna show you something. I would've shown you before but you didn't answer my calls."

I chuckled. "I said I'm sorry but yeah I'll come."

"Lemme show y'all how to bowl because them scores is kinda lacking." Woody said picking up the orange ball.

"Like yours is any better! You not even winning, nigga." Aaliyah said.

After we spent 4 hours here, Luke actually had the most points. I told Algee to ride home with Woody since I was going to Kennedy's house.

When I got there, I sat in her studio waiting for her to come back. She said she was going to change into some comfortable clothes. About 2 minutes later she came back and my eyes widened. She had on a yellow and black sports bra with black shorts that hugged her lower body just right.

She walked closer to me and said, "Are you ready?"

I licked my lips "What did you wanna show me?"

"Michaela and I have been working on this new song and I wanted you to hear it. It's called Breakup Song." She played the song and I looked back at her.

I don't wanna hear it

You don't have to explain

Save it for yourself, I saw everything

I been at the studio when my girlfriend text me

Sent me a video of you and that bitch Lexi

The girl at yo job that you said you didn't like

You took her to the spot that we eat at most Friday nights

I got booked this weekend

I see you been creeping

Thank you for my lyrical inspiration

This right here is our breakup song

And I love that you hate it

This song's dedicated to you

In all your arms

So put this on ya playlist and play this breakup song

She came to sit by me and leaned on my shoulder. I looked down at her. "So do you like it? I was thinking about showing that one to him." She said.

"Yeah, I like it but is that about Travis?"

She sat up and looked up at me. "I wouldn't say it's about him. I just took what I've been through in our relationship and put it in the song." I didn't say anything. I just looked at her. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're just beautiful." I said before she got up.

"I'm not that special, Keith."

I pulled her back making her sit on my lap. "Why would you say that? I don't know what everyone else thinks but you're special to me." She smiled as I held her waist.

"Keith, that's s-" She said before I cut her off with a kiss. My hands traveled down her spine and rested on her ass. She cuffed my face as she deepened the kiss. I pulled away and looked in her eyes. "Why'd you stop?" I smirked and finished what I started.