seventeen

Algee POV

"So you just not gonna ask her out?" I asked Keith.

"I don't know."

"C'mon, Keith! After all of this, you still don't know."

"Well, I can't ask her now. I think she's mad at me."

"What you do?" I asked him.

"Nothing. She just started tripping because I went to lunch with Christina."

"Umm..she's supposed to. Why would you go to lunch with her?"

"She's helping me with my career and right now, that's so important to me." He said. I sighed and shook my head. I walked out of the kitchen. "So you're just gonna leave?"

"Figure it out, Keith." I said walking upstairs.

Keith POV

I called Kennedy at least 10 times and she didn't answer, so I texted her.

To: Kennedy😌👀
Can you please answer your phone? I need to talk to you...

Still no response.

To: Aaliyah😇
Is Ken with you?

From: Aaliyah😇
Yeah, we're just chilling..why?

To: Aaliyah😇
I'm coming over, don't tell her though.

I grabbed my keys, got inside my car, and drove to Aaliyah's place. When I got there, I knocked on the door. Aaliyah answered it and looked at me. "Hey, Kennedy's in the kitchen, as always." I nodded and walked inside.

"Aaliyah, can I have some of t-" She started before seeing me. "Why are you here?"

"Why you not answering me?" She walked back into the kitchen as I followed. "Hello?"

"Keith, it's obvious you're playing with me." She leaned up against the counter.

"What are you talking about?"

"I've seen this before, Keith. You're tryna make me one of your hoes."

"Is that what you spent all your time thinking of? Because if it is, you're wrong. I don't even like Christina."

"Bullshit." She said starting to walk away. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Listen to me. I don't like her, she's just helping me with my career. Why don't you get that?"

"Why don't you get that she's just taking advantage of you?" I didn't say anything. "Keith, if you're gonna be like this, just d-"

"No, don't say that. I don't wanna argue with you, okay? I want you and that's it. If you want me to stop talking with her, I'll do it but... I need you, honestly."

"Can I ask you something?" She said stepping closer to me.

"What?"

"If you want me, why haven't you asked me out yet?"

"You want me to ask you out?" I said moving closer to her lips. I caught her off guard by kissing her and grabbing her waist.

She backed away and said, "No, don't do it because I told you to. Do it because you want to."

I laughed. "Will you go out with me? For real."

She smiled but hesitated. "Y-yeah."