20

4 Months Later

We stopped looking around a little less than a month ago. All we could get through our heads was how well hybrids get thrown off the grid in a matter of time. We were told that the second a hybrid is out of your sight it's gone forever. Eventually I got rid of all ties to hybrid markets, and just hybrids in general.

Soon I cut my social circle to one person, mainly because I couldn't let anyone new in, afraid that I would lose them. I also cut my home staff to two people.

I work from home now, barely leave the house honestly. Everyone was worried that I would lose myself and take up bad habits if I kept myself inside all day. But I've kept myself healthy.

I've invested in many stocks, kept my business running smoothly, and started eating healthier. It all helped until it was night and I was alone.

I always have the reoccurring dream, every night. The dream were I have him in my arms then he's screaming at me to help him. To save him. So with that I don't sleep a lot.

Mary is getting more worried about me when my new habit is running on a treadmill at 2 am. I used to have a goal to see how many miles I could get in but now I was just running till I saw stars. I don't know why I pushed myself that far but it helped get my mind of everything, and him. I knew I had to let go at some time and move on but I felt like there was something different about him that I couldn't find again.

As I walked out of my tiny gym to grab some food Mary stopped me in the hallway.

"Zayn, you need to get out the house. I know going out there isn't really-"

"Mary, I'm fine. Really." I could lie to her all I want and she would see straight through me. I brushed past her into the kitchen but that didn't stop her from following me.

"I'm concerned Zayn. When was the last time you went out and saw Louis? Or sunlight?" I pulled microwave popcorn out and a water bottle and was trying to ignore her or think of a better lie.

"Louis has been busy with Harry and his life. Plus I saw sunlight this morning." I started my popcorn and looked at her just to see her roll her eyes.

"You know that's not what I meant. And to catch on to your lying game that you have this morning I talked to Louis and he's picking you up around noon and he's taking you out." She turned on her heels and started to walk out of the kitchen with attitude.

"But what if-"

"Just get over it and be ready by noon Zayn." And with that she left the room and my popcorn was done. Pulling it out and pouring it into a bowl I walked back to my office. I set an alarm to start getting ready close to noon and started eating popcorn at seven in the morning.

~*~

"Louis you know I hate the mall." Of course Louis would drag me to the one place I thought was pointless and make me be social again.

"To bad Zayn. Mary told me that you haven't been getting out a lot so I decided, why not take you to the mall where people are everywhere." He smiled brightly at me and grabbed Harrys hand tightly. He turned back facing forward and all I could do was stare at their joined hands. After a while of being creepy and staring I started looking around at the many things and people in the mall.

A lot more people had hybrids now, but they looked like they weren't treated well. I caught a glance at a woman who had two male hybrids, if they moved out of place to far she snapped at their leashes roughly. They were also on all fours which was new for me to see.

I looked back at Harry, who was grinning ear to ear at Louis, was wearing a beany covering most of his hair, and his ears. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, mainly because Harry was very proud of his animal ears and wanted to show them off when he was in public.

We sat down at a random food court restaurant and I continued to see hybrids on all fours with leashes and collars. Louis gave Harry some money to get food and I saw that Louis couldn't help but look around nervously and watching him like a hawk.

"Why do hybrids have new restraints on them?" I asked Louis lowly so no one could hear me ask, I don't understand why but it felt needed.

"Some new bullshit law was passed stating that hybrids weren't considered people and more as pets. I think it's not needed but a lot of people were happy about it. That's why I make Harry hide everything when we leave the house, I would never treat him like that." Louis continued watching Harry carefully and grinned at him when he started walking back to the table.

"And along with that new law, there is a lot more than just leashes and walking on all fours. They all have to have idea tags on their collars, similar to pets. The government has set up little 'stations' where you could tie up your 'pet' and walk around without them. There mainly around clothing stores or beauty store." I began to look around and saw a few hybrids tied to hooks on walls waiting patiently for their owners to come out of a store. I ran my eyes across the hybrids quickly but got stuck on one.

His bright blonde hair was fluffed upward and his ear were perked high, he barely wore any clothing just simple tight pale blue boxers and thin see through shirt. His eyes were everywhere looking the numbers of people walking past him but they quickly made contact with me then glanced away and they were the prettiest blue I've seen.

"Louis." I couldn't make words as my jaw slacked and I just kept a constant stare. I heard Louis trying to talk to me until him and Harry turned to see what I was staring at and they had the same look as I did.

I stood and started moving towards him nudging and pushing people gently out of my way to get to him. I heard Louis calling for me but I could only start to walk faster, almost running as I got closer.

"Niall!" his head perked in my direction and his face paled. I was almost there, and I could see he was getting tears. I slowed and fell to my knees in front of him pulling him into the biggest hug I could manage. His arms were instantly around me and I ran my hand through his hair and griped his shirt with my other hand like I was dreaming. My grip was so tight on him I thought I was hurting him but I didn't want to let him go. I could hear him crying along with griping me tightly till I felt someone grab my shirt collar and pull me away from Niall. He tried to keep his grip on me but a man was holding his leash and pulling him back roughly.

I was pulled up from the ground and handcuffed, I struggled in their grips and managed to get loose from them and fell to my knees in front of Niall again.

"I'm going to get you back and you will be mine again." I glared up at the man holding his leash and the security guards picked me up again and pulled me away.

"Mart Gavin's, look it up and-"He stopped talking when the man slapped him hard enough for Niall to fall to the floor. I yelled and struggled with the guards and I wanted so badly to go attack that awful man for touching him like that but I couldn't do much till the dragged me outside and forced me into a cop car.

~*~

sorry for the time gap but i didn't really have any good ideas to go in between.. but give me your thoughts on this update :)