Chapter Twenty Seven

Me and Rose spent two hours chatting away to her mums, they even brought us cake and sneaked us a bottle of wine to drink in our room... they were epic as usual. Everything was going so nicely until his Royal arse came along and introduced himself. Of course everyone was civil but you could tell her mums were not best pleased seeing him following me about. Eventually I gave up and said I'll go with him to get him out of everyone's way which they laughed at.

"What now?" I said bluntly. "Jasper would like to see you, he's by the oak tree from yesterday," he chuckled and sent me on my way. I walked through the courtyard where we were all sitting, up the hill towards the tree. "What's this?" I asked when I saw a picnic laid out on a patchwork blanket. "A little us time," he sighed contently. "How much of this was your dad?" I queried with a smirk. He passed me a glass of wine as I sat down beside him.

"I was ordered to spend some more time with you... he didn't tell me what to do, he just said use your imagination," he chuckled, "so I did and here we are!" I smiled at his answer and the wine and rested my head on his shoulder for a minute as we sat in silence. "I could get used to this," I whispered, took a sip of the wine and put it down. He moved me to lie my head on his lap as he stared down at me. "This all scares me you know," he explained, "the fact that all this is arranged and I should hate it but you... you're just magical, it's not your gifts nor your lineage it's just who you are in general."

I blushed looking up at him. He took my right hand and kissed it gently. "The pledge has gone, I'm glad," he whispered, "Amelia... I want to protect you... I want to keep you safe from the necromancers, from the vampire... from my father." I got up from the position I was in to look at him as the sun began to shine on my eyes through the leaves on the tree above us. He whizzed me around to face him, holding my tight wrist and brought me in for a kiss. I felt a small tingle as he did but not on my lips or in the bottom of my tummy but on my wrist.

I looked to find a small tattoo similar to the one Ash put on me, the difference being this one had a vine with leaves up to the back of my hand and a flower beginning to bloom. I pushed myself away from him. "Why... why did you do that?!?" I screamed, "I... I trusted you!" I got up and was ready to leave when he grabbed me and pulled me towards him. "Amelia I just want to protect you and this way I can!" He tried to reason with me, "look at the flower, look how it's blooming... that means we have feelings for each other... it means we're blossoming to love!"

I slapped him across the face. "All you had to do was ask.... I would've said yes," I sobbed, "I would've said yes." The sky filled with clouds and rain began to pour as I cried. "Just go..." I cried, "just go home." He did as I asked and when I could no longer see him I let myself cry as much as I felt, the sadness overcoming me and the rain plummeting so hard it knocked me to the floor. I lay there crying and crying praying that no one will come, not even Rose. I lost myself in the tears of the sky and let them wash away all emotion from my worn out body.

"AMELIA!" Someone called, I didn't have the energy to look who. I closed my eyes and let the rain take my body. I was picked up by someone but I couldn't move to struggle or fight them. I was just brought along through the sadness in my heart covering the sky's above until we found shelter. "Amelia, what the hell do you think you were doing?" Miss Felicity scolded, I opened my eyes to see Professor Henry wet through from carrying me. I sat there on the seat I had been put on crying.

"Jasper put this on without asking me and now I have two!" I sobbed showing her the new binding charm. Fury filled her. "I am in the right mind for banning that stupid man and his eldest son from this Academy!" She screamed in anger, "in fact I am!" She went out of her office and I continued to cry and the rain continued to pour. "WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS WEATHER!" The stupid king shouted, "WE CAN'T LEAVE BECAUSE OF IT.... oh my."