Chapter Thirty

Amelia lost consciousness the moment the demon left her. "We need to remove the choker and see if he's left..." Miss Felicity couldn't finish her order but everyone knew what to do. The silver choker was removed to show a black lace like tattoo around her neck. "He has bound her to him... " she sighed, knowing this is not good. "If it's a lover's binding charm can't it be undone?" Rose asked unaware of the difference. "It's not a simple charm my dear... he has placed a spell which binds her to him completely," Miss Felicity whispered, "I can't be sure but by the look of the one he's put on her... he owns her."

"But.... who even was that guy!" Rose screamed, "I'll kill him... for the hell he's put her through I'll kill him!" Chase hugged her to try and comfort her but she was so worried about her friend who was unconscious on the floor. Professor Turner walked over to Miss Felicity. "It's him.... it really was him," he whispered. "He's been gone for over a thousand years... nobody knew where but I'd recognise his voice anywhere," Ash continued in his place. "Malphas..." the teachers whispered, causing the entire room to go silent.

                          ******************

I opened my eyes to the infirmary. No one was there gawking at me which made a nice change. My neck felt lighter so I felt it and notice my choker was gone. I looked to the side of me to see it was on the bedside table with a mirror. Out of curiosity I looked to find a lace like tattoo around my neck like a necklace but permanent since I couldn't wipe it off. I then decided it was best to put the choker back on before I checked the time. The bell rung so I looked up to the clock residing above the door, 12am... I've been put all morning.

I got up carefully but I seemed fine so I walked over to find Rose but the moment I stepped out of the infirmary I was bombarded with hugs from someone. I pushed them away so I could see who it was. "Jasper what the hell are you doing?" I asked looking up at him, despite everything I knew in my gut I was still angry with him. "I've been worried sick about you... as soon as my father was called to say there's been an incident we rushed over!" He explained, "but no one would let me in the infirmary to see you... father went in but came out pale as if he'd seen a ghost, no one explained what had happened!"

I shook my head. "To be honest with you I'm not sure what happened... I wasn't quite possessed but there was this weird ghosty demon who was attached to me or something or other," I sighed. He pulled me into a hug once again and said, "come on, I'm sure Miss Felicity will want to see you now you're awake." I agreed and allowed him to walk me to her office. We knocked on the door and walked in, knowing we'd be welcome. "Amelia..." the room spoke. Everyone's face was literally like they'd seen a ghost or something... please don't tell me I had a near death experience!

"Come sit down... we need to discuss something with you dear," Miss Felicity said as she ushered me to my usual seat of the chaise longue, "Have you seen the..." She couldn't even bring herself to finish the conversation but I knew what she was on about, I took off the choker to show my new addition. Jasper gasped at its sight. "Just what is this thing?" I asked. "A binding spell but is not to be confused with the charms on your arms... those are very simple compared to what is in your neck," Professor Williams who I saw when she checked out the first charm, "this is a spell and a tricky one at that, it binds you to that demon... you are his possession!"

Oh my god. "That's not the worse of it," Prof T sighed, "its who he said he was that's the issue." The room was silent... no one wished to speak his name. "Seriously don't do a he who shall not be named on me!" I laughed sarcastically. Everyone just stared at me before Prof T continued. "Since before any documents there has always been one that mages fear... a demon of war and magic, unbelievably powerful and ruthless," he explained, "his name is Malphas, everyone knows that he is real and not made up as there are other demons that even talk these days about his cruelty those years ago but he had been missing for over a thousand years."