Chapter Sixteen

I now know why Rose loves Alchemy! She is absolutely in her prime. Whizzing about, shoving random metals in a flame until BAM! She's made the coolest looking light ever. I'd know this awesome looking light anywhere. Magnesium. This is why she loved it.. it chemistry! I should have known. The pure difference being is instead of a period table it's in some kind of runes. I think my favourite one is the three little diamonds... the spirit of wine! God I want to be then spirit of wine! How does wine even have a spirit?

"Its Ethanol!" Rose beamed as she continued to play around with the glass bottles and liquids. "How do you do that!?" I giggled, "first the coffee then the wine spirit!" She sort of blushed for a moment before saying, "Amelia... I kind of have a secret that I haven't told you yet..." she twiddled her thumbs for a moment before continuing. "Only Miss Felicity and Miss Nina know, so you're the first friend I've told..." she seemed really embarrassed by the whole situation, "Amelia I'm..." I stopped her.

"Clairvoyant," I continued for her. Her face turned pink. "How did you know?" She asked still trying to calm down her pinkness. Pink face... pink hair... very pink. "Errrm your continuous perfect timing of replying or asking stuff that I had thought about a second before... and crash watching the entire coven series of American Horror Story!" I laughed, "I've had a feeling for a while... I just never said anything because... well at the time I didn't believe it was possible!"

She gave me a huge hug. "So you can always read my mind then..." I asked putting my hand on my head thinking about all the times I've told my self 'bad Amelia'. "Not always, for you anyway... you have a natural ability to block me out which is really rare, I only have the occasional thing like... the Queen of Hearts.. that is an accurate description well done!" She laughed after explaining it. Then she sort of turned rather solemn. "I didn't see what happened to you during your vision... but I heard it.." she whispered, "that guy was a real cocky son of a..." Professor C interrupted by beginning a description of dissolution.

"Why is Professor C just called Professor C?" I whispered to Rose. "He said he doesn't like formality... so he said just call him Prof C, it's the same with Professor Henry!" She explained trying to keep her voice down. I started writing down notes in my Alchemy course book... it had everything in it so I didn't really need to write anything but I decided to change words to words I actually understand e.g. Dissolution - dissolving the ashes of the burnt substance into water. I had missed the lesson on calcination (the burning of the substance) which was last week. Well I was expecting to be a bit behind when Rose said the term started a month ago.

After taking some notes, we began putting the ashes of burnt substances into water... yippee. All the fun was the burning of the substances which Rose and I were doing before. Even so I enjoyed it. After some more talk and dissolving the class had ended. Leaving our final class of the day! "You ready to die of exhaustion?" Rose laughed. "Hell yeah!" I said with a smile. "What about you Chase?" I asked turning my head to see him. "My least favourite class!" He sighed as we all walked out of the main building towards the gym.

***************

Sergeant Miller was undoubtedly a drill sergeant. Her blonde hair neatly tied back in a low bun, she wore no makeup and was well toned and muscular. Just looking at her would make an Olympian feel unfit. "Ah Amelia... Miss Felicity says if you wish you don't have to participate in account of your arm," she said with a smile. Turns out the stern looking drill sergeant is actually a sweet women. "It's fine, I need some time to think and work off some frustration... I'll just stay clear of any arm work!" I replied cheerfully.

I was actually feeling great. I love these gym clothes. It consisted of a dark purple sports bra with the academy's golden flower insignia on the left corner which showed of my tattoo nicely (I don't own many tops which show it off so I like to wear crop tops on occasion) and some mesh panelled gym leggings of the same colour. I had tied my hair in a bun with a bobble I had borrowed from Rose. The whole look was really cute... well apart from the white bandage that was wrapped round my forearm. To be honest with you it looked like I'd been self harming or something... and if anyone who wasn't in our class saw it they'd probably rather believe I had been even if I explained that a crazy vampire scratched me in my vision and it happened in real life...

I did my usual fast walking pace on a high incline on the treadmill. My policy is steady pace and never run. Most of the time guys and girls alike laugh and then show off the skill at running as fast as they can... but they always last 5 minutes tops. Me, 30 minutes of pure determination showing the fitness freaks up as usual. I then went on to the thigh machine for about 5 minutes before everyone got told we could go back to our dorms for a shower. Rose and I grabbed our stuff from the changing room and walked back to our room still in our gym stuff.

                         ******************

After my shower I took off the bandage in my arm. A long vertical slash, no wonder it bled so much. It was healing nicely but I think I shouldn't have took the bandage off. Couldn't be helped since it got all sweaty and wet though. As I was thinking of that there was a knock on the door. I opened the door to see the nurse that was in the infirmary this morning. "Hello dear, I'm here to change your bandages!" She said all cheerfully.

She was a lovely lady, maybe in her late 50's. I welcomed her in and brought my desk chair to the bed for her to sit on. "Perfect timing, I was just thinking that I could do with new ones," I said as she put an antiseptic wipe on my cut. It stung like hell but I just clenched my teeth and let her get on with it. "We took a look at your timetable and had a feeling they'd need changing," she replied whilst putting a big surgical plaster over my cut, "oh and I've brought you these." She routed through her bag and pulled out some iron supplements, ibuprofen, more antiseptic wipes and surgical plasters and two other pills I wasn't quite sure what were.

"Change your plaster everyday but be sure to let the cut have some time in the air to heal for at least an hour a day, iron supplements one three times a day with your meals, ibuprofen for the pain and these," she said holding the mystery pills, "are sleeping tablets, take both before you go to bed tonight." Sleeping tablets? "Why do I need them," I asked her. "Sweetie I have been a nurse here for 40 years and I've only seen 3 people with your divinatory talents, you are one of them.... and another was your mother," she explained... my real mum could divine?

"If you are like her, which I have a feeling you are... after a vision like you've had today you will have nightmares, either take the tablets before bed and you'll sleep fine or don't take the tablets and suffer with night terrors as she did when she was young my dear," she continued. Night terrors? "But if you decide not to take them and then have the night terrors do not then decide to take them... otherwise you won't be able to get up in the morning!" She laughed, "you'll be perfectly fine taking them so don't worry!"

After that she gave me a pat on the back and toddled off. "Are you going to take them?" Rose asked inspecting at the tablets, "she was being truthful, she was thinking that you look so much like your mum!" I walked over to her, took the tablets and put them on my bedside table. "I think I might try without and see what happens, if I do then I do and I'll know better to take them from now on," I said wondering if night terrors will occur to me or not. "Stop worrying, even if you get them I'm always listening so shout me or get Loki to pounce on me and we can go make a cup of tea or a hot vimto or something!" She smiled which put me at ease. After that I put the iron supplements and painkillers in my pocket and we set off to eat some tea.