Chapter 19- Seeing is believing

JuJu's POV:

I wake to someone shaking me, "Ju, are you alright? I found you on the floor..." I rub my eyes and look up to find Mark. "Mmm, good morning." He's looking at me as if he was concerned. "Have you been crying? Your eyes are red as if you have been...You know you can talk to me if something is bothering you." I nod, "Can we eat breakfast first?" I mumble and he nods, picking me up and taking me downstairs to the living room. "You know I can walk, right?" I giggle a little as he lays me on the couch. "I know." He says and I raise an eyebrow at him, "Then why carry me?" Mark's face turns slightly red. "I like carrying you, that's all." I laugh and he smiles, "I'll make some pancakes." I smile at him, "Thank you, Mark. I love you." He kisses the top of my head. "Until the end of time, Ju." Then he walks into the kitchen and I turn on the tv so I can get my mind off of last night.

It's quiet for a few minutes then He shows up. "You can't get rid of me or ignore me you know. You're stuck with me. So why not just let me in?" Dark says as he appears next to me and I say nothing as I pull my legs away from him. He chuckles, "It will be so much easier if you do. What do you say old friend?" I shake my head but again say nothing to him. He goes to reach for me but I move away. "No. Just shut up..." I whisper and he smirks, causing a cold chill to run down my spin. "You're scared of me. Oh you know I have a great idea! How about I jump into Mark again?" My body tenses but before I can react Dark is gone and Mark is there with pancakes. Mark notices the worried look on my face and puts down the pancakes. "What's wrong?! Are you alright?" He asks and I shake my head. 'Don't tell.' I hear Dark's voice say but I won't listen to him. "Mark, promise me you won't think I'm crazy..." I say and give him a pleading look. "Ju, we've been some crazy stuff. I don't think that's possible to think you're crazy." He says and I nod, "Okay well, I..." I pause, unable to continue out of fear and worry that he will think I'm insane.

Pushing the fear aside I hold his hands in mine and sigh. "I saw Him...I can hear him and see him, but I don't think you can..." Mark's body tenses up and a frown replaces his worried look. "He was talking to me in my dream. Then showed up in our room..and on the couch just now..." Mark looks angry now, "He showed himself to you?!" I flinch at his sudden outburst. "Mark, he said somethings.." Mark is standing now, running his fingers through his hair. "How long has this been happening?" I look down at my hands, "Well, a few times in my dreams he will talk but last night was the first time he appeared." He sighs, "Why didn't you tell me about the dreams until now?" I frown, "I was scared you would think I was crazy or something..." I mumble and he looks over at me. "You should have told me right when it started happening, but I know now. All that matters is that he can't hurt you." Tears form in my eyes and Mark quickly tries to wipe them away. "Please don't cry.." I shake my head, "He said he wants to make us suffer. Just now he wanted me to let him in but I ignored him. Then...h-he.." I start to sob, "Then what? What did he do?" Mark questions and I take a deep breath, "When I told him no, he said 'How about I jump into Mark again?' Mark, I don't want him anywhere near you. I don't want you to get hurt."

Mark holds me to him and I cry into his shirt. "I'm so sorry I put you through so much pain, Mark. I should have done something more." Mark shakes his head, "Ju, I would go through anything for you. No matter how much it hurts, 'cause I love you." I look up at him and give him a small smile, "I love you too, Mark." He kisses me and then holds my face in his hands, wiping away the tears. "Please don't cry. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I promise." I smile and hug him back, "Same here. Not for a long time. Promise." After that we ate our pancakes and no matter how many times I heard Dark's voice, I ignored him. I won't let him ruin the good things I have in life. 'We will see about that now won't we?'

~*Time skip*~

It's been a month now and I've become really good at ignoring Dark. There is something new that I have started to notice though. Some mornings, I'll wake up with a new scratch or mark on my body. "He better knock it off or I'll..." Mark always says this but what can we do to something we can't physically touch? We figured it was Dark leaving the marks all over my body and I know how I get them too. Each one is very similar to the ones I got from the night before I went into my coma. Every night I re-live that night over in a new way but always end up with the same 'wounds' but never bad enough to actually cause blood loss. I watch Dark laugh coldly behind Mark and I frown. "He's laughing..." My fists tighten and Mark turns and gasps, "It feels very cold over here." Dark smirks and I shake my head, "No..." I mumble, causing Mark to look over at me. 'I wonder if I can mess with his head too?' I growl slightly, "Leave him alone." I say and Mark is giving me a worried look.  "Ju, what's he doing? Dark, stop it! Leave her alone!" Mark says and turns around, only to freeze in his spot. "Holy balls..." Dark smirks at Mark, "'I'm going to assume you can see me. How...wonderful.'"