Chapter 27- Confessions

JuJu's POV:

I open my eyes to find us in-front of my house once again. I sigh as I see Mark sitting on the front porch waiting for us. As we walk forward, he looks up and finally notices us. "What happened? Ethan you have blood on your shirt!" Mark quickly says, freaking out at the sight of not only Ethan but at Auri as well. Who has clearly tried fighting off Dark as well. "That asshole tried to take Auri so I got in between them. I got stabbed in the process but Ju managed to heal me." I nod at Mark as he looks between Ethan and I. "You healed him? How long.." I shake my head, stopping him before he can ask. "I just learned today. Please tell me you haven't gone in the house yet." He shakes his head, "No, I haven't. Why?" I sigh, "He tried suffocating me earlier while Anti and I were hanging out playing video games. Luckily we realized and we got out of there. Dark did end up showing him self, asking me if I had checked on these two. Well, I tried calling them after you left but no answer. I assumed they were too busy hanging out to pick up the phone. I should have known better than that..." Auri places a hand on my shoulder, "Don't you dare blame yourself. How could you have known that he would come after me? You couldn't have. Not unless you have some future seeing ability none of us know about yet." She says and I chuckle, "Not that I know of."

I usher us all inside but only after I have walked around the house first, making sure it was secure. The air had returned back to it's normal feel so I guess it was safe for now. They all sit down on the couch but Anti, who just leans on the wall opposite of them. I stay standing for now and say nothing as I think of what to do. "You seem different when you are like this, Ju." I go to say something but Anti cuts me off before I can. "Of coarse she is. She's angry at Dark and when that happens her darker side comes out. Causing lack of emotion or interest until the issue is resolved." Mark raises an eyebrow, "You would know?" He questions and Anti smirks a little. "I do cause while you weren't around I was always with her. Making sure she was alright and seeing her when she was at her lowest. Helping her out when she needed me most." Anti says and I glare over at him. "Anti. Now isn't the time and I would not like to think about those times right now. In fact, I don't care for those days at the moment. All I want is for Dark to finally be gone, but I can't do that if all we think about is the past." Mark frowns at Anti, but says nothing to push the subject farther.

Anti sighs a small apology and I wave him off. Auri stands and walks over to Anti, catching all of us off guard. Considering she was the one that blackmailed Anti to get him to help them while I was trapped with Dark. She stares up at him for a moment before extending her hand out to him. Anti gives her a questioning look before taking her hand. "Thank you, for being there for her. I hope you can forgive me for what I've done in the past but realize it was for her." He nods at her and they let each others' hands go. Auri walks back over to the couch and sits down, looking over at me with a small smile. "Anti isn't lying though about my anger. It gets the best of me at times and I change into this. Into someone who lacks any emotions other than anger until my problem is resolved. Seeing Ethan hurt earlier today pushed me over the edge. I actually wouldn't be surprised if I get stuck this way for a while. Seeing as I don't know how to quiet yet fix out little issue." I look over my shoulder at Mark who is frowning down at his hands.

Sighing I walk over to him, "But that doesn't mean I'm not the same person you all know. Don't forget that. Mark." He looks up me with those big eyes but I feel nothing at that moment in time. "It's about time I'm honest with you. You broke me and even though it was to protect me, it still hurt. I saw you and that woman together, causing me to hate you. I had thought I could save you that day I saw you two together but going there was a mistake. I went there because I remembered you once told me you would do anything to protect me. Even if it hurt, because you loved me." Before I can continue he interupts me, "Love." I give him a questioning look. "Because I love you. Not loved. I still love you." I look away from him as a slight pang hits my heart. "I can understand though, if it's hard for you to get close to me right now. You're trying though and that means a lot to me. I won't push it, I promise." He says and I nod, "Thank you."

I walk back over to my spot and continue to think for a while. 'How in the world can I stop someone who you can't really kill?' My mind goes at it for a while and I watch out the window as the sun begins to set. When the sun finally sets over the horizon, I move from my spot. "I think we should all stay here for a while. Ethan, give me your shirt so I can wash it." He nods and swiftly takes off his shirt, causing Auri's face to go red. I chuckle at her just a little and she glares at me. Before she can say anything I turn to Anti, "Will you show them to the spare room?" I ask and he nods, "Follow me please." The two of them follow behind Anti into one of the spare rooms. Leaving Mark and I alone in the living room. I make my way into the kitchen to amke something to eat for everyone. "JuJu.." I hear Mark say and I turn to find him at the enterance of the kitchen. "Yes?" I question and he gives me this sad look. "I hate to see you like this, even if it is a part of you. Knowing you're this way because you're angry. Makes me wish I could fix everything, but I know I can't. I feel useless." I sigh at his statement, "You are not useless, Mark. Please don't say you are either. You'll only upset me farther by saying such things." I say and he nods.

He walks over to me as I continue to gather ingredents for the dinner I was making. "I'm also sorry...for hurting you." I turn again to face him, only to find him right behind me. "You did it to protect me. I need to understand that but it's hard to when I remember all the pain it caused not just myself but you too." Mark gently grabs my face and makes me look him in the eyes. "I remember when I told you to leave. The pain I saw in your eyes...I hated myself for it, but I continued to do it. I should have fought back. I should have protected you differently. Instead, I hurt you." He presses his forehead against mine. "Stop saying such things. It's in the past. Not really much we can do about it now." He's looking me in the eyes again and I can see how much he's still hurting. "I've also hurt you...By being so cold towards you. When all I've been wanting was to have you back with me. Here you are, but I'm still being a stupid bi-..." Mark suddenly kisses me and I kiss him back.

He pulls away and hugs me close to him. "Don't call yourself those things. You are not stupid. You're smart, kind and amazing." I smile softly and hug him back. "Thank you, Mark. Now come on, help me make dinner for everyone." He smiles at me, "Alrighty, Chef Markiplier at your service. What are we making?" I laugh slightly at him and show him what we are making. The whole time we are making dinner we crack jokes at each other. Acting as if the past had never happened. As if we weren't in danger at that very moment or as if I wasn't some sort of demon. It was like those peaceful days before we left each other. Those days I hold so close to my heart because I got to be blissfully niave to what was to come. Now, I'm with him again but I know in my heart that if I have to..I will have to die in order to finish this whole ordeal with Dark. For now though, I will not think about it. Instead I'll enjoy the little moments I have with everyone.