Chapter 3- A ruined night

We all walk out of the arcade with smiles on our faces. "That was so much fun!!!" I say and they all agree. "We were in there for so long it's dark out now." Ethan says and looking around I notice he's right. "Aww, I don't wanna go home. I'm having too much fun.~" I say with a pout and Mark chuckles. "We can all hang for a bit at my place. No reason to go home just yet." He says and I smile.

As we walk I get that feeling again. 'Would it help if I came out of the darkness?' That voice from my dream rings throughout my mind. Causing me to space out for a moment. I'm brought back when Auri pokes my arm. "You okay?" She asks and I nod. "Just spaced out. No worries." I say and she nods. "Here we are!!" Mark says and looking up I see we are at his house.

We all walk inside and once we are all inside the door closes. It's dark in the room and Mark hasn't turned on the lights yet. "It's like pitch black in here. Where is the light switch?" I say, looking for the light switch. "Now, you aren't afraid of the dark are you?" A voice says and I recognize it as the one from my dream. "Mark, not funny. Turn on the lights." Ethan says and I'm guessing it's Mark who laughs.

"Go ahead then. Turn on the lights." He says again and I can't help but he worried. 'What the hell is going on?' I think as I listen to the dark laughter coming from the darkness. "Let me ask you this, JuJu. Would it help if I came out of the darkness?" He asks and my body grows tense. "No..." I mumble and then suddenly, I hear a thud. Like someone had fallen to the floor.

Quickly I turn on the lights, finding Mark on the floor. "Ethan, what the hell is going on?" I demand and he shrugs, "I'm just as lost as you are." I start to make my way over to Mark but Auri stops me. Giving her a questioning look but she says nothing. Only points to the dark hallway. Where I see a figure standing there. "It would help a lot if you would step out of the darkness." I say, not knowing the permission I was giving him.

As he steps out and into the light, I can't help but gasp. 'I always knew who he was, but never knew he was real.' Dark smirks at me, "Pleasure to finally meet you in person, my dear." He says and another shiver runs down my spine. "Get the hell out of here and back to where ever you came from." Ethan says, stepping infront of us. Dark only smirks at Ethan's attempt to be brave. "Now now, no need to be hostile, Ethan. I only want to talk to the girl." Dark says, clearly talking about me. "My definition of talking and yours are two different things. I don't think I'll like yours very much." Auri says and Dark quickly looks at her. "You must be the best friend. JuJu cares about you so much." He says and she nods, "Of coarse she does. We've been friends for years. How did you know?"

She questions his knowledge, causing him to laugh darkly. "I'm the one who's been messing with her head this entire time." Auri frowns, "Why?" She asks and he smirks. "She's the one thing that I know of that can brake him." He says and points at Mark. Who groans and sits up. "Mark!!" I say and rush to his side. "Are you alright?" I ask and he nods, "I should be." He looks at Dark, "I told you to leave her out of this." Mark says and I give him a questioning look. "He was the one I heard you arguing with the other day. How long have you known about him?" I ask and Mark sighs, "I'll tell you after he's gone."

I look up to find Dark smirking at me. "You have no idea how much he cares about you." He chuckles and then, with a poof of black smoke, he's gone. Mark stands up and makes his way over to the couch. Plopping down on his side. He groans slightly and I take a seat on the floor in front of him. "How are you feeling?" I ask, giving him a soft smile. "I'll be okay. I don't know how he knocked me out but I have one terrible headache." He says and Ethan runs off to go find pain pills.

Looking over at Auri, I give her a look. She smiles and quickly goes to help Ethan. I look back at Mark. "Wanna talk about it now or later?" I ask and he gives me a small smile. "I'd rather talk now than later. It was shortly after the 'a data with markiplier' video came out. I remember him showing up after a recording I had done late one night. He said somethings and it's worries me." He says and I give him another questioning look. "What did he say?" I ask and he sighs, "He said
when the time came he would destroy what I care about most. It confused me cause, at the time, It was my fans I cared for. He never tried to hurt them though." Now I'm confused. "At the time?" I ask and he smiles, "What is it now?" He shakes his head. "Story for another time." Then Ethan and Auri come back with medicine for Mark.