Chapter 25- Stars

JuJu's POV:

He won't leave. Like Mark seriously will not leave! I'm getting tired of this really quickly and if he doesn't leave soon I'm going to have a fucking tantrum like some little kid. Don't get me wrong, I will always love Mark, but when you're trying to move on and the person who you are trying to forget won't leave. It makes the situation ten times harder on you!! Mark keeps swearing up and down that we need to fix our relationship but I keep telling him that I'm fine alone.

"Let me atleast show you things have changed." He says and I sigh, "Well clearly they have changed considering Dark no longer needs your body to make me suffer or to kill me. Honestly, I think it's in your best interest to stay away from me. That is unless you want to get hurt." I say and he frowns at me. "I wouldn't mind getting hurt if it meant saving you." He says and I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart. 'He moved on...Just remember he's moved on..' That thought keeps running through my head but doesn't seem to help ease the pain.

Looking at him I can tell he means it, but honestly he has a girlfriend he should be with right now. "Mark, shouldn't you be with..." He cuts me off. "We broke up once we realized Dark left." I raise an eyebrow, "She knows about him?" He nods, "At first I thought I really liked her but In the end it was you that I..." It was my turn to cut him off. "Alright, I'll let you back into my life but don't expect it to be so easy. I've changed since then and you will have to get use to how I am."

Mark smiles widely and rushes at me, hugging me tightly. 'I missed him...' I hug him back and when he pulls away, I'm a little sad. He then grabs my hand. "Alright, it's just going to be me and you today. Let's go!" I give him a small smile and nod. "Okay."

~***~

Mark took me out to lunch, to the mall, arcade and then we ended up at the park. It was dark out now so no one was really around. I sat on a swing as Mark pushed me. I never went really high up connnsidering Mark wasn't pushing me hard enough. "My arms are getting tired...~" He shines and I chuckle a little. Stopping the swing I let him sit down in the one beside me. Lookin up I notice how bright the stars are. "Wow.." Honestly, it's been a long time since I actually looked at the stars.

I suddenly feel a hand in mine and looking down, I see Mark is holding my hand. I can feel my face turn red slightly. Looking him in the eyes I can see how happy he is in this moment. "Like what you see?" I ask with a small giggle and his face turns a light shade of red. Suddenly, I am taken back to that wonderful night on the beach so long ago. All too quickly though it fades and changes to Mark frowning at me as we sit at dinner. The memory of him quickly standing, saying he can't stand being around me. My face must have given away what I was thinking about, cause Mark asks me what's wrong. Even though those words were forced from his lips, they still hurt. Sighing I shake my head, "It's getting late and I'm kind of tired. Can we go home?" Mark nods and slowly gets to his feet. 'I guess I still need more time.'

~***~

I lay in bed unable to sleep and Mark lays on the couch in the living room. Since it was rather late, instead of forcing him to drive home I let him stay the night here. The agreement was though to sleep on the couch. "You two have seem to have grown apart." I hear anti say and I jolt upright in surprise. "Dude, a little warning next time." I say and he chuckles, "Anyway, yes we have and Dark is to blame for that." A poof of smoke appears and I groan. "I just want to sleep peacefully!" I whisper yell and then hear a quiet chuckle. "Sorry my dear, I didn't know these visits made you a restless sleeper." I roll my eyes, "I'm not playing this game with you, Dark. Go away. Have some common manners and let me sleep.~" Dark ignores me and looks at Anti. "Hello, old friend. Wish I could say it was good to see you again." Anti flips Dark off and I can't help but laugh at the exchange. Anti smirks at Dark, but in a moment the mood changes. 

With a snap of Dark's fingers Anti disappears and when I try to summon him, he doesn't come. "What did you do?!" I yell at him and he only smirks in reply. I then hear Mark walking in the living and I assume I must have woken him up. Dark quickly locks the door and I now understand what the hell is about to happen. With determined steps forward, Dark comes over to the bed. I get up and move to the opposite side of the bed. "Oh come now dear, no need to be afraid. I thought we were friends." I frown at his statement, "We were never friends. Even when I was under that deal we made I never liked you. Let alone was your friend. Also, I'm not afraid of you." The smirk on his face only widens, "Well you should be." With that said, he lunges forward and tackles me off of the bed.

We wrestle around on the floor for a moment until he pins me down. "You've gotten weak or is it you just aren't letting your darker side in. Let it in, girl. It may help you.~" I shake my head and try to kick him off. "Never now get off!" I yell as I continue to struggle with him. Pounding is heard on the door and Dark gets up quickly, rushing for the door. At the same speed as him, I grab his feet and trip him up. "Ju?! What's going on in there?!" Dark chuckles, "Just a little party, Mark. I would let you join but JuJu doesn't seem to want you around." Dark says loudly but the pounding at my door doesn't stop. "Shut your dirty mouth, Dark! I'm sick and tired of this! What will it take for you to just leave us alone?!" He smirks at me again and I seriously wish I could kill him. "Maybe your death will suffice?" 

The banging on the door stops for a second but then it sounds like Mark is kicking the door. "I'm not dying anytime soon." My voice changes again and this causes the smirk on Dark's face to become wider. In the next moment the door swings open. Looking between Mark and Dark, I make the decision to tackle Dark. Before I can reach him though, he poofs away in a cloud of black smoke.

Mark quickly walks over and helps me up. "Did he hurt you?" I shake my head and pull away from him. "I'm alright. It seems like he's avoiding you though. He left once you showed up. He left earlier today when we were fighting." I say aloud, but not really talking directly to him ddirectly. Mark sighs, "Let's try not to think about it too much and try to sleep." Mark goes to leave the room and I start to panic a little. "W-Wait.." He turns around and gives me a questioning look. "I-I think it would be best if we stayed together. Just to be safe.." I mumble and this adorable smile crosses his face. "Alright, if you say so." We then crawl into bed and he holds me to him. Finally, as if everything was okay. I fell fast asleep in his arms.