Chapter 25- Misunderstanding?!

LIZZY'S POV

I had a really nice time with Nathan this week. All of this week I have been getting text messages from an unknown number saying 'you will regret what you did.' Or 'I would watch out if I were you.' I was getting really frightened by them but didn't really want to tell anyone. So whatever. Today I was going to surprise him with some breakfast in bed as a thank you for all that you have done for me. I thought it would really sweet of me. His favourite is a bacon sandwich with mayo on it. I started cooking a few pieces of bacon and put the toast in the toaster.

My phone vibrated...

Unknown number:

Watch you and your pretty little boyfriends back sweetheart.

That shook me up a bit and scared me. If anything happened to Nathan I would blame myself. I forgot about the bacon and quickly ran up the stairs to see if Nathan was okay. When I walked in he was sleeping like a baby. I sighed in relief and walked back down stairs. Luckily the bacon didn't burn. Or the toast! I got a plate out and caked the toast with mayo and gently put the bacon on, one by one. I made him his favourite apple cinnamon tea and walked upstairs. The words I heard almost made me drop the tray. A piercing hole right through my heart. "I love you. And you know that. She doesn't mean anything. She's just a joke. Don't you understand?" I stood in the doorway with the tray in my hands and tears welling up in my eyes. My mouth slightly a gap. i shook my head. "No Lizzy! It's not what you think! I promise! I set the tray on the night stand and grabbed my jacket off the dresser. I had tears streaming down my face as I ran out the door into the cold, harsh, pouring rain. I knew Nathan was running after me. Calling my name. I looked back to Nathan then to the front again. "NO. LIZZY. WATCH OUT!!!" Nathan called and boom. I was hit by a car. My legs collapsed under me. I screamed in pain. I felt like my arm was detached from my shoulder. Luckily it was still there. But it didn't look too good. I heard Nathan run toward me. "Lizzy. Stay in there I love you. I do. I promise. I'm going to get you help." Then I heard Nathan yelp and tires screech. "I told you to watch out for you and your pretty little boyfriend sweetheart." The unknown driver said and chuckled. "I'm going to get us help honey. Hang in there" was the last thing I heard until I was out cold. I need my Nathan. I hope he's okay. It's my fault. He's hurt because of me.

-Hospital-

I woke up with my head pounding. I had 2 people sitting in the chair next to me. Siva and Tom. I was confused... Where is Nathan? I sat up. A little too fast, because now I am dizzy! "SHES AWAKE. HOLY SHIT. SHE IS AWAKE. DOCTOR!!!!" I heard Tom yell. I had to laugh a little it was pretty funny. "W-where is Nath-than?" I managed to get out. "3 doors down" the doctor said walking in the room. "I'm Dr. Smith. I will be examining you today." I nodded my head. "So if you just do as I say then you will be discharged. Let me do a couple of things and then I will let you go see Nathan. Dr. Bradley is working with him right now." I smiled and nodded again. "So here's how it's going to go. I need to reset your arm, because you broke it severely. You have a minor concussion, you hit your head pretty hard on the ground. I am going to get the police in here so you can talk to them while I am working with your arm. Nathan said that driver hit you on purpose. So we do need to file a report!" I nodded once again and saw 3 police officers walk in. One had a pen and a note pad, one had a pencil and a drawing pad and the other was just listening with them. "So Mrs. Giamartino, may I ask who do you think would do this to you. Do you have any bad relationships with people?" I sighed. "I think I know why happened. I told my boyfriend about some personal things that my mother told me to never tell anyone. But I couldn't keep it from Nathan. I just couldn't. So after I told him the entire week I was getting texts from this unknown number telling me to watch out or be prepared. Something like that." The police were all listening very well. One of them was writing every word I said. I let him catch up to my speed. Then I continued. "As I recall, I got upset this morning and I walked out the door in the pouring rain. Nathan chased after me. I turned around and Nathan screamed at me to watch out and when I looked forward there was a car coming at me about 90 miles per hour. And I collapsed. Nathan came to my side and sat there getting his phone out trying to get help. Then I heard him yell and tired screeched. I heard some guy basically telling me he warned me. Then he laughed and left." I hissed at the pain of my arm. "Do you remember what he looked like miss?" I nodded. I closed my eyes to get a clear picture. "Brown eyes. Blonde buzzed hair. Yellow teeth with the eye tooth missing on the right side. And um. He had a scar on his right cheek! He wore all black! That's all I remember!" "Alright. Thank you Miss. We will try our best to find the bastard that did this." I thanked them and they left. Then dr. Smith spoke up. "So I set the bone. All I need is put the cast on. What colour would you like?" I thought hard. "Hmmm. I'll doooo. Ummmm orange!" I laughed at my response thinking of how stupid I am. The doctor moulded my cast and I was about to go see Nathan. Then I wondered. Who was the guy that saved us? "One more question before I go doctor." He looked up from his clipboard. "Yes." I bit my lip nervously. "Who um. Who saved me?" He nodded. "Ahh. His name is Quinn Cadley." I shivered at the name... He stepped in the room. My eyes went wide.

"Dad?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I guess this is sort f a cliffhanger! But thanks for reading everyone! Feel free to vote and comment your opinions! Have a good day y'all!;*

Question of the day- The Hunger Games, or Twilight?

Answer- The Hunger Games... All the way.

I love all you beautiful people!;*

•Lizzy•