Its My Life : Chapter 22

"No Don't" I Yelled.

They Both Looked At Me. Jerome Just Ignored Me And Turnt Back To Tyler's Face. He Was About To Pierce The Glass Into His Face When Two Hospital Workers Came In. They Froze In Place When They Saw What Was Going Down. Jerome Quickly Got Of Him And Dashed The Glass Somewhere Before Pushing Past The Two Men And Headed For The Exit. Tyler Was Completely Still On The Floor, But He Let Out A Huge Sigh Of Relief .. And So Did I.

"Are You Alright?" One Of The Men Asked Looking Down At Him. He Said Nothing But You Could Bait-ly Tell He Was Thinking "Thank GOD!" The Two Men Began Clearing Up The Glass And Then That Same Lady That Was Here Before Came In And Told Me I Could Go Home When I Was Ready.

When All The Glass Was Cleared Away I Got Off My Chair And Packed All The Gifts And Flowers Into This Nice Bag, It Was Probably Jasmines (SUCKED!). I Was Still In So Much Shock, Jerome Is Fucking Mad! Tears Were Still Falling From Both Me And Tyler's Eyes. He Had Gotten Up And Was Standing Near The Door. I Walked Towards The Door And Was About To Touch The Handle.

"I'm Sorry..." I Said And Went On My Tiptoes And Kissed Him On The Cheek, Right Where Jerome Was Holding The Glass To His Face. I Opened The Door And Took One Last Look At Him. That Whole Cocky Presence He Had, Had Evaporated And It Was Replaced By Sadness And Guilt. I Smiled Weakly Before Exiting The Room. As I Walked Down The Hospital Corridors I Couldn't Help But Think About The Unwanted Memories That Lingered In This Same Ward.....

FLASHBACK - TWO YEARS AGO

I Waited And Waited In The Reception. This Hospital Was So Busy, Every Couple Minutes A New Patient Would Arrive. I Could Feel My Heart Pumping So Fast, It Made My Skin Vibrate. I Just Wanted To Be Back Home, With My Brother. A Man Finally Came Out The Room Where They Took Dee. He Was Covered In So Much Blood. I Got Out My Seat And Walked Towards Him. He Had A Sorrowful Look On His Face.

"Miss Green?" He Asked Me. I Nodded And Wiped Away The Tears From My Eyes, Only To Be Replaced By Fresh Ones.

"I'm Afraid It's Bad News..." His Voice Trailed Off As He Saw My Sadness Turn To Anger.

"Its Your Fault! You Didn't Come In Time! You Didn't Even Try To Save Him!" I Yelled And Kicked Him In The Leg, But It Had No Effect On Him.

"I Assure You We Did Eveything-"

"Shut Up!" I Slapped Him Across His Face And Ran Out The Hospital Doors. I Felt So Sick, I Ran Over To A Corner In The Car Park And Vomited. I Was Crying All The While. I Wiped My Mouth And Headed For The Bus Stop. Now I Had To Tell My Mum Everything.

PRESENT DAY

I Walked Out The Hospital Doors And The Cool City Breeze Hit Me, It Was Just Like Any Ordinary Wind But Because I Hadn't Felt It In Ages, It Pleased Me So Much. My Legs Seemed To Have A Mind Of Their Own. They Led Me Through An Alley Way And Onto A Main Road. At First I Had No Clue Where I Was. Then It Hit Me; I Knew Where I Was Going. The Cemetery. Although I Hadn't Been Here Since His Burial I Found My Way Around Quite Easy. I Didn't Find It The Slightest Bit Weird That I Was In A Place Full Of Dead People, It Felt Almost Normal. I Soon Came To A Tombstone I Recognized.

"R.I.P. Dominic Fabian Green, Beloved Nephew, Son And Brother"

"It's True What They Say, You Never Know What You've Got Until It's Missing. Dee We Will Never Forget You, Can't Wait To See You Again..."

I Smiled At This Because I Was The Only One Who Contributed To The Stone, Mum Was Too Emotional. The First Couple Days Were The Hardest. I Tried Everything: Self-Harming, Overdose On Paracetamol, Breaking Everything In Sight - Nothing Helped Me Get Over It; He Was Actually Gone. Ever Had Something Taken From You And It Feels Like A Piece Of Your Heart's Been Ripped Out With It? Well The Whole Thing Was Now Removed From My Chest, Leaving Behind A Huge Whole In My Life...

I Dropped My Bags And Sat Next To The Grave. I Held Onto It So Tight, While Tracing The Lettering With A Shaky Hand. I Had Never Once Come Here To Visit Him, I Couldn't Face It. He Was Six Feet Under, While I Was Here Wasting My Life Away. Sometimes I Wish It Was Me That Died, At Least He Would Be Able To Live. He Was So Talented, He Was Amazing At Art And Basketball. Weird Combination I Know, But He Could Have Achieved So Much, I Always Wonder... What If? What If He Were Still Living Today. My Life Would Be So Much Different. I'd Be Able To Say I Actually Had A Brother...

"I Love You Dee" I Wept And Rested My Head On The Stone.

It Started Getting Really Cold So I Decided To Leave. Visiting Dee Actually Gave Me The Courage To Go And See My Mum. I Know She Would Be Angry, Probably Try And Slap Me A Few Times, But I Missed Her So Much. If She Allowed It, I Might Even Move Back In. If I Stayed At Jasmine's I Knew I Wouldn't Stop Having Nightmares. I Couldn't Get That Picture Out My Head, The Anger In Tyler's Face As He Choked Me. Every Time I Think About It I Can Almost Feel His Hands On My Neck. I Caught The Bus, But It Was 4 O'Clock Now; Rush Hour. It Was So Packed I Ended Up Being Squashed Against The Glass Doors. I Swear The Journey Must Of Been 4 Stops But It Felt Like Forever. I Hadn't Even Thought About What I Was Going To Say To Her; Hi Mum? I Slipped Off The Bus And Headed For My House. I Saw The Usual Bait Ones That Walk Street For A Living And Ain't Got Homes To Go To; Fools! One Of Them Try Wave To Me, On A Normal Day I Would Have Screwed And Walked Away But I Waved Back And Carried On Down My Road Until I Finally Reached My Door. I Took A Deep Breath And Raised My Hand To Knock The Door ( We Had No Door Bell :/) But Before I Could Even Touch It, It Opened. Stood There Was A Light Skinned Man Around His Late 30's Smiling At Me... I Realized Who It Was And Immediately Screwed.

"Dad?"

His Grin Turned Into A Perverted Smile. He Grabbed Hold Of My Hair And Pulled Me Into The House Before Slamming The Door Behind Us.