Chapter 15

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I saw was Devin’s mom.

“Get up sugar pie. I’m taking you out for a girls day out with the family.”

“Ok.” I said getting up and putting my hair in a ponytail.

“Hurry. I don’t want us to be late. Lord knows Sami is always early.” As soon as she said that the door bell rang. “Speak of the devil and he shall appear.” She left the room and I got dressed while she was gone.

When I was ready I went down stairs and sat on the couch. A couple of minutes later and Devin came downstairs with the guys.

“Why are you up so early Em?” Devin asked, rubbing his eyes.

“Your mom woke me up for a girls day.” I said while yawning.

“Who’s going?” He asked frowning.

“I’m not sure.” I said confused.

Devin walked into the kitchen and I heard him ask his mom the same question. I didn’t hear who she said but he came back mad.

“Em, can I talk to you for a second?” He asked annoyed.

I nodded and followed him up stairs. He went into his room and sat on his bed. I walked in and shut the door behind me and sat beside him.

“What’s wrong Devin?” I asked worried.

“Courtney is going.” He said looking at the floor.

“What’s wrong with her going?”

He looked up at me and a tear run down his cheek. “I dated Courtney 11 months ago.” He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. “I thought she was my mate. I was wrong. After I broke up with her a couple months later she told me something.”

“What did she tell you?” I asked getting nervous.

“She told me she was pregnant. Pregnant with my baby.” He looked back to the ground.

I pulled my hand away and moved away from him. I felt tears run down my cheeks and wiped them away, frustrated.

Devin looked at me with a painful look. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner Emily.” He was crying and it just made me cry harder.

“W-when is h-her baby d-due?” I asked, my voice breaking.

“In a couple weeks.”

I stood and looked at him straight in the eye. “Are you going to leave me?” I asked wiping my tears away again.

He shook his head and stood up in front of me. “No. I’m not leaving you.” He grabbed my hand and held it. I looked at our hands then looked at him.

“What about Courtney?” I asked.

“She has James. She told me she don’t want the babies though.” He said sadly.

“Why? She’s the mother.” I said angry.

“They are my babies too. She don’t want anything to do with anything that involves me. She’s hasn’t even told my mom or James she is going to give me full custody.”

“What about me?”

“We would have to be married for you to have custody too.” He looked at me, “That is if you wanted custody too.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah. So would you want custody too?”

“Let me think about it and I will tell you when I get back.” I said kissing him.

I felt him smile and I pulled away. “I’ll be waiting then.” He said still smiling.

I never realized how hard it would be to make a choice. Marry Devin and become a mother to twins or not marry Devin and be completely miserable for the rest of my life. Laying my head on a table in the food court of the local mall, I realized I want to be with Devin for the rest of my life. I want to have a family with him. I wanted to be able to say I’m completely happy with him and know he won’t hurt me emotional or physically. I want to be his wife.

After spending the day with Devin’s family and Courtney, I realized what I wanted. Make my choice was easy. Courtney made it easy for me.