Chapter 16

I walked inside and looked around for Devin. I walked into the kitchen and found him sitting at the kitchen table.

“Hey Devin.” I said walking up and sat beside him.

“Hey Em. What’s up?” He smiled and kissed me.

“I made my mind up.” I said.

He looked at me and asked, “And?”

I told him want I wanted and he understood my reasoning too. He didn’t get mad or anything.

Later that day Courtney and I went for a walk around the neighborhood and were talking.

“Did you tell him?” She asked.

“Yea. He’s pissed.” I said, secretly smiling inside.

“Well I just don’t our babies having two different moms, but I think it wouldn’t matter since I’m leaving soon.” She said looking at me.

“Well why tell me to leave Devin?” I asked getting upset.

“I told you already. I don’t want our babies to have a replacement mother.” She said annoyed.

I looked at her pissed. “Whatever.” I walked a head of her and went to Devin’s house and watched her keep walking down the road. I turned around to face a smiling Devin.

“What?” I asked smiling.

“Nothing.” He smiled bigger and kissed me.

For the rest of the night Devin and I watched scary movies and ate popcorn until 3 in the morning. We finally went to bed after watching Saw. I went to my room and laid down. I laid awake for a while then got up and knocked on Devin’s door. Devin opened it and smiled when he saw me.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” I said looking at the ground. I up looked at him quickly. “Can I sleep in your room tonight?” I asked quickly.

“Sure.” He smiled and opened the door to let me in.

I walked inside and looked at him. I realized he was shirtless and in boxers and blushed slightly. He smiled, walked to his bed and laid down. I walked over and crawled beside him and laid down. I laid looking at him and watched him as he laid on his back with his eyes closed. When I closed my eyes after a while I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer.

I rested my head on his chest and started to fall asleep when I heard him say, “I love you Emily.” I felt him kiss my forehead.

I smiled and looked at him. “I love you Devin.”

He smiled and kissed me. After a while he pulled away and told me to sleep. I closed my eyes once more and fell asleep in Devin’s arms.

When I woke up I was still laying in Devin’s arms. Devin was wake and watching me. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Staring much?” I asked laughing.

“I wasn’t staring, just admiring.” He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

I laid my head back on his chest and breathed in his scent. He smelled like phoenix axe body spray.

“I smiled and giggled. “Your smell good.”

“Umm thanks?” He said chuckling.

We just laid like that for an hour or so then I decided to take a shower. When I got done I put on dark blue skinny jeans with a white v neck t-shirt. I slipped on socks and went down stairs looking for Devin. I found him in the living room looking over his brother’s shoulder looking down at the computer. I ran and jumped on his back and felt him grab my legs and wrap them around my waist. I kissed his neck and smiled, my hair, still wet falling on his shoulder.

“Hey.” Devin said chuckling.

“Hey.” I kissed his neck again.

“Do you want to go somewhere today?” He asked looking at me side ways.

“Sure.” I kissed his neck again and smiled.

Devin walked and picked up my shoes and slipped them on my feet and slipped on his own without putting me down and walked outside to his truck.

He opened the driver’s door and set my on the seat and I slide to the middle and waited for him to get in and slid close to him. He started the truck and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. He pulled out of the drive way and drove down the street.

“Where are we going?” I asked looking at him.

“It’s a secret.” He smiled and kissed my cheek when he stopped at a stop sign.