VIII

Alyss POV

I had heard that laugh before but I couldn't recognize from where. Anna had suggested climbing high to hide from the man who had his men blackout Annika. One had asked what to do with her. The man seemed angered by this and shot him in the head.

"Now that that's out of the way," The man said. "Tie her up. Tight. Bound and gagged."

The remaining slave nodded and without a word placed our sister's unconscious body in a chair. Wait...Why was there chairs in the clock tower? Actually I hadn't looked around the room once. Someone has been here recently, and came often. We had only just arrived in London this morning, so that ruled out Annika. Maybe the man came here often. No, by the look of his suit he hid in more...visible places.

Annika hung limp in the chair. Anna's slow breathing next to me turned to ice as we watched our sister being tied up, unmoving, and in the hands of a man I didn't even know the name of. He in a way looked familiar. He must be the JM Annika was texting.

Anna clutched our sister's phone. We were hidden in a dark corner of the clock tower. The man's phone would ring to Stayin' Alive every so often. He'd answer only a few and dismiss the rest.

The man snickered happily and waltzed up to Annika's still limp body. Small streams of blood slid down her face as a kid does on a slide. Her shirt, her perfectly white shirt was torn and bloody. I could see spots of dark bruises where her shirt revealed her skin. The man took a picture. Soon enough our phones buzzed with the picture.

If you want your sister back come get her. Big Ben clock tower. Midnight. Don't be late. -JM

I gulped as it buzzed again.

Oh do take your time. It's only her life. -JM

Annika stirred a moment. JM snickered once again. "I said don't struggle," His voice glided gentle and soft. Very deceiving, like a spider drawing prey into his web. Spider. Come to think of it, Sherlock had told us of the man who was a spider. The man who had a web and knew how each string pulled. Could this be that man? No, he shot himself through the roof of the mouth...there's no way to survive that, is there? I couldn't recall a name, but I had met him before. All three of us had met him before. When we were three. Had Annika seen him more recently?

Anna's breathing shallowed. She clutched her phone tightly to her chest. "Let me see," I whispered. She shook her head slightly and pressed the phone closer to her chest. "Anna let me see," I persisted grabbing for the phone as she rolled out of reach. "Anna now," I demanded. I yanked it out of her grasp.

Who are you? -AH

Jim Moriarty, hi. -JM

A/N:

So the girls have now met Moriarty. What do you think he wants with the girls?
Sorry forgot to update. Whoops. I was busy, school is almost over so you know how it is. Sorry I'll try to be more on time! Don't hate me please.

~SpottyGeek