XVI

Anna POV

"Girls you know where to go," Sherlock said. He placed his hands on the door and burst them open. On the other side was an annoyed John and a surprised Molly. Immediately our father started to rambled off instructions. "John, I need you to get to the flat. I left a folder on the kitchen counter."

John straightened himself, "Which one?"

"Next to the microscope with the severed hand in the jar," Annika piped up, as Sherlock was already down the hall and around the corner.

I took off in the opposite direction headed towards the address which had been assigned to me. Running down the sidewalk I hailed for a cab. "Cardiff," I said before the cabbie could do anything. He nodded shifting the cab in gear.

***

Two and a half hours later I was knocking on the door of Saint David's Children's Society. After explaining about a half dozen times who I was and why I was here I was let into the rooms of the orphaned children. I immediately started interviewing the children who fell in the age category of the mass murder.

The first child was a twelve year old boy who was shouted and stout. He didn't look in any way respectable with his dirt print shirt and dusty curls. When he spoke his 's' sounds would slur. His voice was quite hesitant and he failed to meet my eye contact as we spoke. "Tommy, Miss," He said when I asked his name. The boy had no information what so ever.

I must've interviewed at least two dozen orphans before I uncovered any data.

A short ginger with pale hazel eyes marched calmly into the room. "Hello," she stated. I raised my eyebrow. Her tone and actions were false. She didn't seem as if she was trying to shift my deductions, heaven knows if any of the dim witted children I had spoken with knew what a deduction was. The girl took a seat. She held herself properly and her eyes held discomfort. "Samantha Bailey," she extended her right arm in greeting.

I laughed. "Anna," I sighed. "Please I would much rather you introduce yourself as you rather than the way you just did there."

Samantha's eyes widened. Her act obviously hadn't been seen through before. She cleared her throat and let her shoulders sag. "Hi, I'm Sami," She said with wide hyper eyes. She let a somewhat psychotic smile plaster over her freckled face.

"Now that that's over, Miss Bailey do you have any contact or relations to these people?" I asked handing her the list.

Her gulp was very audible as she handed the clipboard back. "Three of those girls, very nice ones mind you, had unexpectedly ran off two days ago," Samantha sighed uneasily. "The one was my closest friend here." I expected her to cry soon so I handed her a tissue from the table beside me in the lobby where I had sat for the past few hours interviewing the orphans. "They had become a bit um, loopyish before they left. I mean more than they were before. They were all three of them hyperactive like myself."

"Thank you Miss Bailey."

With this new information I turned and headed for the door. Before I could hail a taxi a slick black government official's car pulled in front of the orphanage. Mycroft. Instinct says I should walk away but when do I listen to basic instinct? Not very often. Without arguing I entered the vehicle. What can I say. Curiosity had gotten the best of me. "Anna," Mycroft's smooth voice came from in front of me.

Let's see how my sisters react.

A/N:

What is Mycroft up to now? Should be interesting. Also Samantha Bailey (Sami) was created by @So_Changeable so this chapter is dedicated to her, she is also an amazing person so follow her! The picture is of Courtney Jines the girl who would play her.

~SpottyGeek

P.S. Happy late birthday Sami! I know it was yesterday but still. ;P