3

Listen to the song above while reading

Harry didn't have to find a letter on a desk or a night stand. He immediately knows. Understands.He regrets that he didn't force himself to speak with Niall. He wanted to give him space , wanted to respect Niall's decision on not seeing him.

Gemma has been a link between them. The beloved sister on one side and the beloved best friend on the other side. He and Niall have been in the same boat. The feelings of loneliness and abandonment by her.

Harry can clearly imagine the guilt Niall is feeling, the self hate. Despite the fact that Harry is utterly grieving himself, he isn't blaming Niall for what happened. He would never think of doing that. No assurance is necessary in that he knows that Niall would have done everything including giving his own life to safe Gemma.

Harry is sure that Niall isn't hurting any less. Thinking that he caused her death, it's safe to assume that Niall is doing worse. Knowing that and not having been able to talk things out with Niall fills his heart with an unsettling feeling. Harry is carefully putting his right index and middle fingers over Niall's left carotid artery to take his pulse. There it is. He feels a fading galloping pulse. Harry isn't sure whether he senses his own racing heart beat though. Niall's eyes are closed. The rising and falling of his chest is barely noticeable. Harry speaks to Niall softly at first as he tries to wake him up. His trembling voice is increasing in volume. It's evident then he won't wake up from his deep unconsciousness . "Niall, can you hear me ? Niall, I need you to wake up " Harry is trying hard not to cry. " "I want you to wake up". Harry says as he is pleading with a choking voice ."Niall, I can't let you die on me , you silly boy, why aren't you talking to me ?"

How can he stay calm when there is the possibility that Niall may die under that tree of fate? Harry is praying to God, to Mother Mary, and all the Saints that he has memorised. Never have his prayers been so urgent. He was raised as a Christian and believes in the power of prayers. But it's kind of hard and very frustrating to keep going on when with every passing minute, the chances are becoming slimmer that Niall will make it out alive. How is it that nobody was aware of how Niall was really doing?

"Help is coming , Niall . Don't give in " Harry says as his voice is breaking and he can't help but sob. He slaps Niall on his left cheek. No reaction ! There is nothing for him to do than to wait for the paramedics or the firemen to arrive. While taking Niall's pulse minutes ago his eyes traveled over to the driver's side of the car and he immediately noticed the apparent extent of the damage.

Niall is stuck between the caved in door and the smashed hood. His legs and lower body can't be outlined under the busted metal. There is no doubt about it that Niall can't be easily removed. He needs to be cut out by firemen.

A muted painful groan escapes Niall mouth while he's stirring but he still remains unresponsive. Harry is softly stroking Niall's left cheek, talking to him in a calming manner. He isn't sure whether unconscious people are capable of sensing a few words or the presence of another person.

However, if there is any chance that Niall might hear only a few words, he wants him to know that he is there with him and he is not leaving him until the ..... NO, he definitely isn't going to finish that dreadful thought.

He's grasping at straws. He can't give up on him. Harry pretends to be calm while his stomach is tied up in knots. He needs to be strong. Needs to do that for Niall even if it'll be his last gesture towards him. Seconds count like minutes and minutes like hours when all Harry can do is wait. How can he be patient when bending over someone so close to your heart that has blood that is still oozing out of their ears and mouth?

Niall mocked everyone around he would be okay..All have been thinking that while he was really suffering, he was somewhat stable and not in a state of mind that he would commit suicide. Everyone so caught up in their own grief. Bobby was the only one who fearing such a reaction thought taking away the key to open the gun cabinet would be the solution to prohibit any self harm.