22

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day

Listen to the song above

St.Andrews

" Bloody hell ! " Niall's eyes snap open, he's confused to say at least. Terrified would be the better description.

And he remembers it all, remembers that he finally told her about it.
He was so scared, hasn't dared to confess it until a few days before she died. The only secret they had never spoken about.
A secret so heavy on his mind.

"This is so fucked up" , the regained memory hits Niall like a freight train, the sudden knowledge is constricting his chest.
Feelings that have been temporarily erased from his memory are back,
are messing with his mind, giving explaination, making sense after all.

"Niall ? Are you alright  ? Mind to share your memory ? " Dr House wants to know undoubtly concerned about Niall's heavy reaction.

"I.... I think I know the reason now. It's fucking sick ! Sorry Dr House, I'm not supposed to curse around you.
I was having a major crush on Harry the last three years. Because of him I figured that I'm more interested in boys.
That was like three years ago.

Oh my God, how could I forget about it ? What I'm supposed to do about it, I don't know how..... I .....
I promised her not to chicken out this time, she was so upset that I hadn't told her, that I hadn't trust her with my secret.
I don't know whether it is still there after all what happened. I fucking forgot it...I'm rambling ....Sorry Dr House.
This got me, 'm not sure how to handle this..." Niall's heart's picking up pace, his breathing becomes shallow and irregular while he slowly drifts into a panic attack.

"Niall, I want you to breath slowly in , wait and breath out. Focuse on that. Listen, love.
Breath in, stop and breath out. You're doing great, keep doing! "

Thanks to Dr. House quick intervention Niall emotional state doesn't bring on a full blown panic attack and his heart beat and breathing are back to normal bit by bit.

" Niall, what you are going through right now is nothing but a common reaction when people undergo amnesia and they suddenly remember. It's disturbing, scaring and you might want that they haven't come back, your memories, partly at least.
Yet let me tell you as your psychologist and as Maria, a woman old enough to be you mum."

Dr House offers looking at Niall for approval. She knows what he's going through, it's rough and quite a few patients would relapse.
But she's not having that, Niall has been progressing so well since he joined the programme.
His case, not an easy one, physical and emotional gashes, guilt, remorse, self- hate, pain and love were insolvable tangled together.

So she isn't surprised that there
seems to be another unexpected bump in the road out of sudden.

" Niall, I told you that you are allowed to get your phone back. Also you may see your mum and dad for the weekend.
We have a few guest rooms to rent for a song in our hospital.
If you want them to stay here we'd love to set things up for you.

Niall, you've been here around three months, don't you?
You made an amazing progress, no doubt.
Therefore I want you to move from the hospital into a house where you live together with other young patients and a care giver.
It ought to be more like living with a family, you will have tasks, curfews and you will be home schooled.. It's a first step into your old life.

Also your psychotropic drugs will be reduced gratually. You should worry that might be too much to handle."

Dr House says when she notices Niall slight frown proving his uneasiness.