Chapter 1: It Begins

-----------------------------------------------

Katelyn sat up in her bed and stretched. She turned around to face Travis, still fast asleep. She kissed him gently on the lips and got out of bed. She looked at her engagement ring, still elated Travis finally asked her to marry him. Katelyn got dressed and walked outside, ready for her morning run.

Katelyn ran past her old house, now home to Zane and Kawaii~Chan. She herd the shrieking of their new baby. Katelyn ran up to their doorstep, wanting to visit the most likely dead tired parents. Katelyn knocked on the door and waited. Suddenly, a tired mei~fwa opened the door.

"Hey Kawaii~Chan, you ok? You looked tired." Katelyn said as she walked inside. She saw Zane holding the baby on a rocking chair. The baby looked no more than a month old.

"No kidding Katelyn~Sama!" Kawaii~Chan moaned, closing the door. "Momo~Chan hasn't slept in forever!" She said, rubbing her eyes.

Katelyn smiled and leaned against the wall. "Kids seem like more trouble than they are worth, no thanks." She folded her arms, as if to make it official that she didn't want kids.

Kawaii~Chan rolled her eyes. "Oh just wait Katelyn~Sama. Soon Travis~Kun and Katelyn~Sama will have little Travlyn babies running around the house." She flicked Katelyn's stomach with her tail, a small smirk on her face.

Katelyn gave her a light shove. "Hey! Kids just aren't my style." She looked over at Zane. "How is family life for you Zane? You enjoying kids?"

Zane continued to rock the little baby, she had pink hair with black tips, and of course, black mei~fwa ears. He looked up. "It is painful!" He groaned, leaning back in the chair. His mask was pulled down around his neck, showing his freckles. "But, I wouldn't trade my little Momo for the world." He stroked her head, a tired smile on his face as he held the sleeping baby.

Kawaii~Chan smiled lovingly at her family. "Katelyn~Sama will understand one day." She walked over to her husband and kissed him on the forehead.

Katelyn let herself out, not wanting to ruin the sleep of little Momo. She jogged over to Aphmau and Aaron's house. She saw that Aphmau was already outside, sitting on a bench. She saw Aaron in the yard, laughing with their son. Katelyn slowed to a walk, heading over to Aphmau.

"Hey Aph!" She said, sitting down next to her. She looked over at Aaron and their son, Jet. The little werewolf was chasing a ball all over the yard. "Looks like you have you hands full."

Aphmau looked at Katelyn, a happy grin on her face. "Raising a pup is no easy task, especially when he is only three years old." She looked down at her swollen belly. "I can't believe I thought I could handle another one." She laughed.

Aaron looked over at Katelyn and waved. "Hey Katel-" He was cut off as Jet tackled him. He fell to the ground with a thump.

"Got you Daddy!" Jet taunted as he wagged his tail. He stood on top of his father like Aaron was a trophy.

Aaron lay on the grass laughing. Aphmau laughed as well, snorting every so often. "Aaron has acted like a pup ever since Jet was born." She giggled. "Now this little one, I bet they will be the next ultima." She said, rubbing her stomach. "I can feel it."

"Are you sure? I mean, they will be half human." Katelyn asked, everyone on the street knew Aaron was the ultima, and it was only a matter of time before the next one was born.

"I don't know, I just feel it." Aphmau looked at Katelyn, and opened her mouth as if to say something, then she closed it again. She grabbed Katelyn's ringed hand, then held it to her face. "Katelyn! Your engaged! Why didn't you tell me!" Aphmau shrieked in happiness.

Katelyn rolled her eyes. "Kawaii~Chan and I where GOING to surprise you, but I guess you figured it out." She let Aphmau examine her ring.

"You!!" Aphmau made her grumpy cat face. "Errrrgggg! Why didn't Travis tell me?!" She threw her hands in the air.

Aaron looked up from Jet. "He told me." He then smiled awkwardly, then scratched the back of his head. "I guess I forgot to tell you."

"Aaron!! If I didn't have a kid in here, I would.. uh..I would....do something!!" She folded her arms and pouted.

"Hey guys!" Laurence came up behind them, rubbing Aph on the head like a big brother. "Congrats Katelyn, Travis isn't a free man anymore."

Aphmau shoved his hand away. "Hey! Get away from the expecting mothers!" She joked, nudging Katelyn with her elbow.

Katelyn rolled her eyes. "Travis hasn't been a free man since he met me, and Aph, your just as bad as Kawaii~Chan!" She looked at Laurence. "Travis obviously told you, right?"

"Uh, no. Lucinda." He smiled. A cool breeze ruffled his hair, and he walked around to sit with the girls.

"Why am I not surprised! You hear everything from your girlfriend." She smirked. "At least she isn't Travis's girl."

Laurence's face turned bright red, and he whipped around to face Katelyn. "S-she isn't my girlfriend! We've just gone on a few dates is all." He looked down, trying to cover his blushing face.

Aphmau leaned close to Laurence. "Your face tells a different story. Now tell us!" She grabbed his shoulders and shook him.

"Ok, ok! We might have kissed...once!" He looked at Katelyn. "Come on! Help me here! She is a crazy pregnant lady!"

"Hey!" Aphmau said, giving a grumpy face. "Once?" Katelyn asked, raising an eyebrow. "I know Lucinda, and once isn't her style."

"Twice! Thrice! Ok five times! Now get off my case!" He folded his arms, not willing to talk. "That doesn't compare to you and Travis though." Laurence added.

"Well duh." She held up her ring. "He is kinda my fiancé." She smirked. "Now back to you and Lucinda.

Laurence laughed. "Right I forgot, and no more Lucinda an I!" He playfully shouldered them.

Suddenly, Katelyn felt a sharp pain is her stomach. "Ah!" She groaned, leaning over her stomach. Soon the pain eased, and she sat back up.

"Katelyn?! Are you ok?!" Aphmau gasped, leaning over Laurence to check if she was ok.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." She said, suddenly confused. "I'm gunna head home, get some water or something." She started to head home

What was that all about? She thought.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey there reader! I just wanted to say thanks for reading! I will try to update as soon as I can, but so far just enjoy the first chapter. This is my first story so bear with me through it ;) Thanks!