Chapter 13: A Feeling

Katelyn let out a light gasp as a cold and firm hand gripped her shoulder. She whipped her head around, her fist ready for impact.

"Katelyn!" A familiar voice said before raising up his hands in an effort to block the incoming blow. In the night, a golden ring shone on his ring finger, making Katelyn stop mid punch in realization. Her fist was only an inch away from his face, the keys sticking out from in between her fingers nearly touching him.

"Travis!" She gasped, wrapping her arms around him. "I'm so glad your safe! Don't scare me like that!"

Travis pulled away in confusion. "Me scare you? You were out at night in the city on a notoriously sketchy block! What are you even doing out here?" His voice went from anger to concern quickly.

Katelyn looked around. She felt her stomach flip with anxiety as she recognized the block. She turned back to Travis. "I-I just needed to get home. I already texted you that I was out with the girls at the new club, now what were you doing here?" She pointed at him as if that would shift the blame.

Travis hesitated. "I-I uh.. Got a text from Lucinda. She said you left early, and didn't have a ride. I thought that you might be walking, so I came here as well."

Katelyn sighed, yet she still felt suspicious of her partner. For now, she decided to push that aside. "That doesn't matter now. Can we please just get home?"

She saw Travis's eyes shift to her neck, then spark with a bit of tension. "What's that?" He asked, gently taking her ruby necklace and examining it in his hand.

Katelyn quickly snatched it away. She had to think up a quick excuse. After Kai came to there house and the mess that happened then, it would break Travis's heart if he knew it was from Kai. Besides, it was for his own safety, who knows what Kai would do to Travis if he found out.

"Nicole gave it to me. From her trip to Europe." Katelyn said after a moments hesitation.

Travis nodded, obviously believing her. After a moment of looking at the ruby further he pulled away. "I don't know why, but the necklace gives me a weird feeling. Like some sort of bad aura. Creepy." He gave a shutter. "Maybe it's just this street. Let's get home, blueberry." Travis grabbed her by the hand and they began waking home.

Something's not right.

Travis thought. His eyes shifting back to the necklace. It's ruby shone bright despite the darkness around them. He then shifted his eyes toward Katelyn's sapphire engagement ring. For some reason.. the aura's felt similar. As if they were made for the same reason. I

That necklace is more than it seems.

***
Sorry for the short chapter and not updating forever! I've been busy with school, but the schedule should go back to normal for now with one chapter every two weeks, most likely on Wednesday or Saturday. Thanks for understanding guys! (If I get some comments and votes I might bump up the update schedule to once a week)