Chapter 7: Ment to be Mine

Katelyn walked back to her house. She had fun walking around with Aphmau and Zane, even though Aph was giving Zane a hard time for constantly asking questions about Katelyn.

She reached for the door knob but hesitated when she herd voices inside. She opened the door and stood speechless as an orange haired Mai~fwa stood in her living room.

The man turned and smiled. "Hello Katelyn." He purred, waving with a smile. Travis stood next to him, obviously uncomfortable.

"Oh..hey...Kai." She said, faking a smile. She walked over to Travis. "Hold on Kai, we will be right back." She grabbed Travis' arm and pulled him into the other room. "What is /he/ doing here?" She quietly yelled, pointing to the door.

Travis put up his arms. "I wasn't expecting it ether! He just popped in, saying that he was in the neighborhood and wanted to visit." Travis said with a panicky voice.

"Then how does he know where we live?" Katelyn whispered, gritting her teeth. "This dude is a creep! He stalked me in high school!"

Travis shrugged. "I dunno! Maybe Aphmau told him?" He whispered."

"But she didn't mention him on our walk." Katelyn hesitated. "Ok Travis, just play it cool for a bit until he leaves." Katelyn grabbed the door handle, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Kai!" Katelyn said, resuming her unconvincing smile. Travis followed her quietly.

"Oh I don't mind." He said calmly. "By the way Katelyn, what are you doing at Travis' house?" He flicked his tail in curiosity, and raised an eyebrow.

Travis scowled a little and grabbed Katelyn's hand, lifting it up to show the engagement ring. "She lives here." He said firmly.

Kai twitched his ear, but kept a blank expression. "I see... interesting." He said calmly.

Awkward silence filled the room, the only noise was the sound of a fly buzzing around the room.

Katelyn clapped her hands together. "Well this was a nice....visit, but I think it's time to go!" She smiled awkwardly.

Kai wrapped his tail around her waist. "After I thought we had something special." He purred.

"Hey, HEY!" Katelyn growled. "Paws off. It's time for you to leave." She shoved him away and pointed to the door.

"Such confidence, it really makes you look cute Katelyn. Mai~fwa love confidence." He said, putting his arm around her. "We really would have looked great together, it's not too late."

Katelyn made fists, and was ready to punch Kai's face in, but Travis beat her to it. With one swift move he punched Kai right in the nose. He gave a satisfactory yelp as he was taken off guard.

"Get out of my house, and off my fiancé." Travis growled. His knuckles has slight traces of blood on them.

Kai was on the floor, holding his nose that was gushing blood. "AH! Alright!" He screamed, holding up his other hand. His tail was fluffed, and his ears were flat against his head.

"NOW!" Travis yelled, making Katelyn's hair stand on end. She had never seen Travis so outraged before, it was kinda scary. Travis was breathing heavily, and his hands were gripped in tight fists.

Kai stood up, holding his nose. He was taller than Travis, and his ears were back in a hostile position. He took his hand off of his nose, and reached over to Travis. He grabbed his shirt, staining a bit of it red, and pulled Travis close. "Listen here pipsqueak. I know for a fact that Katelyn will leave you. She deserves someone with class, and that doesn't flirt with every girl that looks your way." He growled.

Travis looked helpless standing there on his tip toes, like he had forgotten how to stand. Kai kept his intense stare. "I'd watch my back if I were you, because that girl was meant to be mine." He let go of Travis and walked to the door, turning around and giving Katelyn a smirk before walking outside.

Travis stood there, stunned. Katelyn rushed over to him. "Travis? Travis! It's ok! He's gone now." Travis pulled Katelyn in a tight hug.

"That was so scary." He said weakly, burying his face into her shoulder. "I've never punched someone like that before." He whimpered.

Katelyn hugged back. "Travis you dummy, I could have handled him just fine on my own." She smiled a little. "But, thanks for doing that. It means a lot that you would do that to protect me."

"You are my world, what could I do without you? Please don't leave me, like he said you would." Katelyn looked shocked as Travis said this. She really was one of his closest friends, he didn't talk with the others that much.

"Now give me one good reason why I would do that Travis." She said, happy that she had made the right choice, in choosing to marry him.

****
Wow, that was intense. Don't think that's the last of Kai everyone, watch out.