Chapter 9: Girls Night

Lucinda pulled up to the club. The sign was illuminated in flashing lights, it read

The Black Cat.

Katelyn smiled. "I finally get to see Nicole again! This is so exciting!" She said aloud before hopping out of the car. A security guard opened up the door for them as they reached the entrance, Lucinda eyed him suspiciously. They both headed through the entrance.

"I swear that security guard looked familiar..." she said, her voice getting drowned out by the blaring music. Katelyn didn't hear anyway, she was beaming.

"Come on Lucinda! I see them over there!" Katelyn grabbed her hand and pulled her through the crowd of dancing people. She popped out on the other side and headed towards the bar stools which her friends were sitting at.

"Nicole!" Katelyn yelled happily, wrapping her arms around her friend in a welcoming hug. "It's been so long! I missed you!"

Nicole embraced Katelyn. "AH! I know! It's been years! I'm finally back from college!" Her red hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail, and her head band making the outfit even cuter.

Katelyn pulled away. "Did get a masters? How were the people in Europe? Did you meet someone? D-" Katelyn's questions were cut off by a familiar voice behind the counter. He pushed the brown hair out of his face as he cleaned a glass.

"What will it be ladies?" Laurence said with a smile, setting the glass down and leaning on the counter. "Looks like I'm gunna be your bar tender for tonight."

Lucinda smiled. "A round of Dr Pepper for all of us please." She said happily, leaning over the counter, close to Laurence's face. "Cutest bar tender I have ever seen." She said, her sleek voice flirtatious.

Laurence pulled away, his face red as Nicole's hair. "C-coming right up." He turned around to get the soda for them.

Kawaii~chan giggled. "Stop it Lucinda! you'll make Laurence to flustered to do his job!" She laughed.

"Oh hush Nana, he can take a bit of flirting." She said with a wave of her hand.

Nicole looked shocked. "Um, when did this become a thing." She motioned her hand to Lucinda and Laurence.

Katelyn rolled her eyes. "It's relatively recent." She said, resting her ringed hand on the table. "They're not the only ones." She said with a smile. "Although things are a bit more serious for me and my significant other."

Nicole grabbed Katelyn's hand and pulled it over to her. "Oh my Irene Katelyn! This is one of the limited edition sapphire gold rings! They stopped making these years ago! At least when we were back in high school!" She was beaming. "They used to make this near the college I was studying in!"

Katelyn was a bit surprised. "Don't you want to know why I got the ring?" She asked, hoping Nicole would realize what it was for

Nicole was still staring at the ring. "These rings are only meant for engagement." She said quickly. "But anyway I-" she cut herself off and looked slowly up at Katelyn.

"Wait... You..?" She stuttered.

Katelyn nodded. "Yup. Travis and I tied the knot. Took a while, but it finally happened."

Nicole stared wide eyed. "You two are a thing?" She pointed her finger at her. "I never saw you two together. As more than boyfriend and girlfriend I mean."

Katelyn was a little taken aback. "Wait what? We have been thinking about marriage ever since I almost caught the flowers at Aphmau's wedding. You were there!" She thought back into the memory.

Of course Zane of all people had to catch it.

Nicole still looked dumb founded. "Well yeah! But I never thought that actually meant anything!"

Laurence passed out the sodas, making Nicole even more confused. "Excuse me! Were is my alcohol?" She asked, lifting the soda can in the air.

Katelyn rolled her eyes. "They really didn't tell you anything did they?" She said, taking a sip from her Dr. Pepper. "I'm pregnant."

Nicole froze and dropped her full soda can on the floor. Luckily it wasn't opened yet so Laurence didn't have to clean it up. "YOU. ARE. WHAT!" Nicole shouted over the blaring music. A big smile came across her face. "Who is the father?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Katelyn looked shocked, and now a bit angry. "Are you accusing me of cheating when I haven't even seen you in two years? It's Travis' kid you idiot!" She slammed her hand on the table.

Lucinda saw Katelyn's outburst and motioned for Kawaii~Chan to interfere. "Sweetie, Nicole was just joking."

Kawaii~Chan grabbed Katelyn's arm. "Let's go dance Katelyn. You two need to chill for a second."

Katelyn was about to rip her hand from Kawaii~Chan's grasp, but saw the concern in her eyes. She took a deep breath.

"Yeah, let's do that Kawaii~Chan."

She let Kawaii~Chan then pull her into the crowed of dancing people. Yet she gave one last glare at Nicole.

What has gotten into her? She is acting really odd.