Chapter 6: And Then There Were Two and a Half

Travis sat up, his eyes wide and teary. "W-what?" He asked, still a bit flustered.

"I'm pregnant you dingus!" She shouted. Her stomach flipped and flopped, and not just from the baby growing inside of her, but her fear of what Travis would say next.

Travis laid on the ground, his face still had surprise pasted all over it. A moment later, he started laughing, and laughing hard. Tears fell from his face as he covered his mouth, trying to stop laughing, but he couldn't.

"What's so funny?!" Katelyn yelled, her face red and angry.

"I-I'm going to be a dad." He said happily, sitting up quickly and hugging his future bride tightly. His smile was from ear to ear as he cried tears of joy.

Katelyn was shocked, but hugged him back anyway. "Heh, yeah, I'm excited too." Katelyn said, with a lot more confidence than she actually felt.

Travis pulled away and put his hands on her shoulders. "Do you know what this means?" He asked, grabbing her hand and intertwining his fingers with hers. "This changes everything."

***

Aphmau laughed as Zane pushed the stroller along the sidewalk. "I thought you were kidding when you said you were taking Kawaii~Chan's place on Mommy Walk Monday." She giggled, stepping out of the house with Jet in his stroller.

Zane rolled his eyes. "Kawaii~Chan wasn't feeling well, so I took her place. Momo loves to go on these walks." The young mai~fwa cooed and giggled, ready for her walk. She was dressed in a cute blue dress with black polkadots.

Katelyn walked down the street to Aphmau's house, lost in thought. It had been two weeks since she told Travis, and he had been elated ever since, but no one else knew. She stopped in front of Aphmau's house, waving at Zane and Aphmau. "Hey Aph, how's it going?"

Aphmau waved back. "It's great! Zane and I were just about to go out on Mommy Walk Monday." Aph pushed the stroller closer to Katelyn.

"Mind if I join you?" Katelyn asked, trying her best to sound casual. Her stomach ached, and she wished that she had taken some Advil that morning.

"Why is that?" Zane asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow. "You always wake up early to run, why are you taking an interest in walking?"

Katelyn shrugged. "Well I guess I'm going to need practice with kids considering I'm expect-" She was cut off by Aphmau's shrieking.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" Aphmau squealed. "Your pregnant!! AAAAAAHHH! Zane you owe me ten bucks!" She threw her arms in the air with victory.

Kawaii~Chan popped out of her house and ran down the street at full speed, wrapping Katelyn in a big hug as soon as she reached her. "You finally told Aphmau!" She said happily, squeezing her tightly.

Zane rolled his eyes. "Took you long enough." He said with a smirk, pulling ten dollars out of his pocket and handing it to Aphmau.

"If you knew already, why did you bet with Aph?" Katelyn said as Kawaii~Chan stopped hugging her.

Zane smiled. "Because we made this bet a month ago." He said with a shrug. Aphmau held up her ten dollars as if she had just won the lottery.

"I called it! Back in high school, as soon as you hit Travis with that volley ball, I knew it was love! I called it!" Aph yelled, dancing around dispite her huge baby bump.

Katelyn rolled her eyes. "Chill out Aph, let's just go on this walk and we can talk like normal people."

Kawaii~Chan coughed a bit and waved to her friends. "I'm gunna head back to the house, have fun Momo~chan and Zane!" She purred, she had another coughing fit before heading back into her house.

Aphmau pushed her stroller over next to Zane. "Alrighty then! Let's get going." She said happily. Momo cooed and giggled as they finally began to move.

Katelyn walked along side them in silence, for a few moments, at least,  before she was bombarded with questions. "What are you thinking for names?" Aphmau asked, her smile as bright as the sun.

Katelyn laughed. "Aphmau, you do realize that we just found out I was pregnant, we haven't thought of names yet." She then thought of Travis. "Well...I guess Travis has been throwing out lots of baby names, I just don't like any of them."

Aphmau shook her head. "Girl, we need to talk. Baby names are the most important thing to think about. After all it is what you and everyone around you will be calling this child for the rest of your their lives."

Zane cut in between them. "Aphmau stop stressing her out." He turned to Katelyn. "Was the baby planned? Kawaii~Chan and I did a whole lot of planning before deciding we wanted a child. It's one of the biggest decisions you can make."

"No, the baby wasn't planned. In fact, having a kid sounds....kinda scary." Katelyn looked down. "I've never been good with kids, and I'm not sure if I can provide the support and care it will need throughout its life. I'm terrified." She crossed her arms, feeling a bit of a lump in her throat, but she swallowed it down.

Aphmau barged passed Zane and wrapped one arm around Katelyn, guiding Jet's stroller with the other. She turned to Zane. "Now look who's stressing her out." She growled quietly with a glare before turning back to Katelyn. "Trust me Katelyn, it will be hard, but it will be the best thing to ever happen to you and Travis." She whispered with a smile.

Katelyn remained silent, but looked at Aphmau with a smile. Every day was a new experience, and she wasn't sure how to handle it. She then took a deep breath and told herself.

'If Zane can do it, I swear to Irene that I can too.'