Chapter 16: The Note

Katelyn pulled out of the driveway, her heart aching. She had to find the horrible man that did this to her. Fury and determination blazed in her eyes as she set out for home, needing to get a few things before her little hunt began.

As she pulled up on her driveway, she saw someone standing at her door. She squinted, trying to get a better view. With a sigh of frustration, she leaned back in her seat. It was Laurence.

With one swift motion, she got out of the car and slammed the door shut, making Laurence jump with surprise. "Oh! Katelyn! I've been looking for you." He started to walk towards her, a small piece of paper in his hand.

"Yeah, not in the mood Laurence." Katelyn grumbled, her voice cold. She pushed past him and into her house.

Laurence looked quite shocked, and peeked through the door. "It's pretty important!" He called in after her. He pushed the door open a little more so he could see inside.

Katelyn was rummaging through her closet, then her bookshelf. "Little busy right now Laurence!" She called from her bedroom. After a moment, she pulled out a baseball bat. She hesitated, holding it for a second longer.

For backup.

With that thought, she threw it next to her backpack along with a few other things. She grabbed a hair tie and put her blue locks into a ponytail.

Laurence was becoming impatient. He stepped inside and walked down the hall to the bedroom. It was quite a sight seeing a pregnant lady grabbing a baseball bat with a burning fury in her eyes. "What the-"

"No time to explain." Katelyn shouted, pulling a pair of brass knuckles out of her nightstand drawer. She slipped them into her pocket.

"Why would you need those?" Laurence asked, pointing at her pocket where the brass knuckles were hidden.

Katelyn turned to him and with a few strides stood right in front of the man. She never broke eye contact as she grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him down to eye level.

"Listen Laurence, and listen good. I'm doing something very important, it's for the sake of my future child and my future husband. I'm going to hunt down a man that has done something that is unforgivable, and get some information. You aren't going to say a word about this to anyone, got that?" She growled through gritted teeth.

Laurence nodded quickly, fear plastered on his face. He fumbled for his coat pocket and grabbed the note. "This is from that creepy mai~fwa at the bar. He left it on the counter last night. It had your name on it, and I think we should call the police."

Katelyn released her grip on his shirt and snatched the note. She gripped it tightly as she read.

Hello Katelyn.

I hope you are in good health, considering your child and all. I hear that you have an ultrasound tomorrow, how . . . interesting. I hope they find everything is normal with our baby, I bet it will look just like me. I know you have questions, so if you come looking for me, check that street you were walking down on the night you knocked me out at the Black Cat.

Look down the allies, meet me at midnight. If you can, I suggest you meet that little redheaded friend of yours. Her little notebook will tell you things you want to know.

                                                        Yours Truly,
                                                                             Kai

Katelyn crumpled the note and stuffed it in her sweatshirt. "What has he done with Nicole?" She looked up at Laurence, he still looked confused as ever.

She turned and grabbed the baseball bat off the floor. With a quick motion, she tossed it to him. Laurence caught it and looked up at her. "What?-"

"You know too much, now your stuck with me. I'll fill you in on the details on our way to Nicole's." She slipped on her brass knuckles and gave a little smirk, holding them up and striking an intimidating pose.

"Let's hunt down this son of a b-"

***
YAY! Bad mama Katelyn on the way! I hope you liked the chapter, as you can see things are getting interesting.