Chapter 3: The Fear

This is so much fun to write!! I will try to get the parts out every week if possible. Now on with the story!

-----------------------------------------------

Katelyn slowly opened her eyes. Her stomach had been bothering her all night, and she felt a little nauseous. Travis was already sitting up in bed, stroking her cheek. "How do you feel?" He asked softly.

Katelyn reached up to hold his hand. "Worse than yesterday." She groaned. She squeezed Travis' hand, not sure what else to do.

"Well, your going to the doctor today, so we should get you ready." He slid over and got out of bed. He rubbed the back of his head. "Kawaii~Chan will be taking you.." He said, almost as if it was an apology.

"What?! Why?" Katelyn groaned again, rolling over. "She better bring sweets.." she whispered. "I bets she's going to think I'm pregnant." Katelyn said with a laugh.

"Heh heh, yeah... pregnant.." Travis said nervously. Something was obviously off with him.

"You ok Travis?" Katelyn asked, a worried look on her face. "You seem a bit.. nervous." Katelyn eyed him suspiciously.

"What?! Me?! Nervous?! Never!!" Travis said defensively. "I'm fine Katelyn!! Fine! I'm good! Perfectly fine!" You could see the sweat on his forehead.

"Y-" Katelyn started, before being cut of by the sound of Kawaii~chans car horn.

"Welp! There is your ride Katelyn!" Travis said quickly, before practically pushing her out the door. "Bye! Be safe! Love you!" He gave her a kiss on the lips before closing the door, not giving her a chance to react.

Katelyn sighed, the wind blew her hair into her face. She brushed it away and opened Kawaii~Chans car door. "Hey Kawaii~Chan." She said with a smile, hiding the fact that she was thinking about what happened with Travis this morning.

"Hi Katelyn~Sama! Is Katelyn~Sama feeling any better? Travis~Kun told Kawaii~Chan everything." She said with a concerned look on her face.

Katelyn sighed. "In all honesty Kawaii~Chan, I haven't been good. I've been feeling worse and worse every day." She then grabbed her purse and fumbled through it, pulling out a hair tie.

Kawaii~Chan nodded and turned the key. The clean, black car purred before rolling smoothly onto the road. Katelyn put attempted to put her hair up into a ponytail, grumbling every time the car hit a bump, causing her to restart. Finally, she got her flowing light blue hair up into a perfect ponytail, and they remained silent for the rest of the ride.

                                                            ****

Travis sat impatiently on the couch, bouncing his leg up and down. They had only just pulled out of the driveway, yet it felt like they had been gone forever. Eventually, the young man pulled out his phone, and in an attempt to distract himself, he called Dante.

Travis waited a moment before someone picked up. He could hear a crash in the background, and Dante yelling. After a moment, Dante's familiar voice came on the line.

"Hey Travis! Sorry about that, Pickles decided to smash a vase while running through the house." Travis laughed thinking of Dante's big dog. Pickles was a big husky, and one of the nicest dogs Travis has ever met.

"Sounds like you have your hands full." Travis said, amusement hinted in his tone. He then fumbled his fingers, thinking about if he should tell Dante about Katelyn. "Hey man, could you come over for a bit, to hang out? Like old times."

You could practically feel the smile radiating off of Dante's face. "Yeah! I'd love to! Can I bring Pickles?" Dante said happily.

Travis looked over at his cat, Taffy. She was a hot headed little calico, and always hated dogs. Travis then focused back to his friend on the phone. "Ok, but she can't come inside, Katelyn's cat would have a fit."

"Alright, then let's head to the park, Pickles loves the park." Travis could hear Dante saying, "Who's a good girl?" in the background.

"Sounds good, see you then." Travis hung up the phone and ran his hand through his white hair.

Should I tell him? He is one of my closest friends after all; can he keep a secret?

While Travis pondered these things, Taffy made her way across the kitchen and over to the living room. She rubbed up against Travis' legs. When she didn't get a response, she meowed at him.

Travis looked down at the cat and gave her a pat. She purred and hopped up next to him. Travis smiled and petted her.

Soon Dante rolled up in his car. Travis left the kitty to meet him outside. He then closed the door and locked it behind him. "Took you long enough." Travis said sarcastically, he had never seen Dante get to anyone's house that quickly.

"Pickles was really excited, so what else could I do?" Dante said with a smile. Travis got in the older car. Pickles popped up out of the back seat, her tail wagging and her tongue lulling out of her mouth.

Travis reached back to pet the husky. "Hey Pickles! You miss me girl?" He cooed, rubbing the happy husky's head. The dog barked happily in response. Travis reached over to buckle his seatbelt, settling into the tan pleather seat. "Let's get on the road!"

                                                           *****

Katelyn walked out of the doctors office, her hand over her mouth. Her eyes were teary, and her face was pale. Kawaii~Chan was beside her, holding her friend's hand. "Katelyn? Are you alright?" She asked, her tone serious for once, dropping the "Sama" and "Chan" act.

Katelyn looked at her friend, tears in her eyes. "I'm scared Kawaii~Chan, really scared." Katelyn, the strong and confident girl, who took no nonsense from anyone, was crumbling in front of her.

Kawaii~Chan hugged Katelyn, and Katelyn cried on her shoulder. She let the tears soak through her favorite pink and white shirt. Katelyn squeezed her tightly, tears running down her face. Katelyn eventually started to calm herself, and broke away from Kawaii~Chan. "T-Thank you, I really needed that." Katelyn stuttered, wiping tears from her face.

Kawaii~Chan gave her a caring smile. "Don't worry Katelyn, everything will be ok." They both got in the car, and left the doctors office. Katelyn stared out the window, knowing today would change her entire life, and that terrified her.

What could be happening to Katelyn? *note the sarcasm* Anyway, thanks for reading! Things are about to change for Travis and Katelyn, but for better or worse?