Chapter 4 : I Can't Believe you

Kawaii~Chan rolled up to Katelyn's house, and Katelyn stepped onto their driveway. "Call me if you need me." Kawaii~Chan murmured, not knowing what else to say.

Katelyn nodded and headed to her door. Dark clouds were rolling overhead, and you could hear the thunder echoing in the distance. Katelyn jiggled the door knob

Locked.

She fumbled through her purse, becoming more frantic when her keys weren't in the right place. She looked in her purse for a solid ten minutes before remembering she left them on the counter. She took out her ponytail and twisted the hair tie around.

I hope Travis gets here before the storm picks up.

****

Travis walked through the park with Dante, ignoring the dark clouds looming over them. Pickles trotted along happily, not aware of the coming storm.

Dante looked at his phone. "We should head back. The forecast says a big storm is coming, and Pickles is terrified of thunder." As soon as he finished, a bolt of lightning flashed across the sky, cutting through the dark clouds.

Pickles jumped, yanking the leash out of Dante's hand. She bolted into the forest. Travis looked into the dense woods for a moment, stunned. Dante ran into the woods with no hesitation. "Pickles come back!" He yelled.

Travis ran after his friend, shoving past the bushes and tree branches. Rain started to drizzle down into the woods, picking up until it was full on pouring.

Branches snagged Travis' sweatshirt, tearing off bits of fabric. He tripped over a tree root trying to catch up to Dante, landing in a large mud puddle. "Pffft pfft pffffft!" Travis spit out the muddy water. He got to his feet, his sweatshirt was ruined.

Travis tried to listen for Dante and Pickles, but only herd the echo of Dante's voice. Travis turned around, hoping something would look familiar. Everything looked the same, trees, bushes, and leaves. "Dante! Pickles! Where are you!" Travis called, hoping to get some sort of reaction.

Nothing.

He grabbed his phone and tried to call Dante, with no luck. Travis slipped his phone back into his pocket, and started retracing his steps. After a few minutes, he stumbled out of the woods and onto the cement path. He tried to call Dante again, finally getting an answer.

"Travis? Are you ok? Pickles and I were worried sick." Dante said, obviously relieved.

"Oh my Irene. I couldn't find you Dante, and you just left me in the forest." Travis looked down at his mud soaked sweatshirt, and rubbed some of the light scratches on his face.

"Sorry about that dude. I headed back to the car as soon as I found Pickles, I didn't want her getting spooked again." Dante's said, his voice hardly apologetic.

Travis ran his fingers through his now soggy hair. "Katelyn is probably back by now, just get me home." He hung up and started walking back to Dante's car.

No wonder the guy is single, he has the reliability of a rock.

Travis eventually made it back to the car, and slid into the passenger seat. His hair dripped with rain, and his clothes were muddy and sopping. Travis folded his arms, and they began the long silent ride home.

                                                               ****

Katelyn sat on the porch, her head in her hands. Her tears fell like the rain that was pounding on the street. Her hair draped down her back, wet and knotted from the stormy weather. She looked up as she saw Dante's old car roll into the driveway, and Travis climb out. She stood up, her fists clenched so tightly that you could see white on her knuckles. She walked up to Travis, and raised her hand, preparing to slap him.

Travis braced himself. Katelyn hadn't hit him since they had a heart to heart at Love~Love Paradise, so this came to be a shock. He waited for the impact, but it never came. All he herd was the drumming of the rain as it hit the pavement. He slowly opened his eyes, and saw Katelyn,-still holding up her hand- with red eyes, and tears falling down her face.

She lowered her hand, but her blood shot eyes remained cold and intense, as if full of fear, sorrow, and pain. Her words cut Travis like a knife.

"I can't believe you."

...

Sorry for such a long break, I was at a camp with no cell service. Sorry about that!